Loner at AGGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Popcorn

Loner at AGGS

Post by Popcorn »

My DD is the only girl going from her primary school and doesn't know anyone. She is fine and looking forward to it but I am a little anxious. Somebody told me that they have a loners half day for all the girls that come on their own. Does anybody know about this? Thanks.
TraffordMum

Re: Loner at AGGS

Post by TraffordMum »

I don't know any details but yes, they do hold a loners' day (although that's not what they call it :wink: ).

They also make sure that they put 2 or 3 loners together in a class so that they aren't too overwhelmed by the girls who arrive in friendship groups. From memory, although it is some years since I had a Y7 at AGGS, you get to pick 2 girls who you would like to be in a class with, so you don't tend to find huge groups of people from the same school in the same class.
Elijo

Post by Elijo »

Don't worry about her popcorn! My daughter is a loner too! We have moved from Yorkshire so it's all new to her! From what I could tell when visiting the school, most of the girls are confident and outgoing and would relish making new friends.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

None of my daughter's so called "mates" are joining her at AGGS. She is really looking forward to making new friends and knows that her new "best" friend is there waiting for her. She just hasn't met her yet. :D
Popcorn

Post by Popcorn »

Thank you for all your comments. I feel fine now as DD is really excited and as you say a lot of the girls will not know many others so it's a great opportunity to meet new friends and spread their wings. Thanks :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now