One Direction

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

One Direction

Post by ginx »

Does anybody else have dd's who are addicted to One Direction?

My two dd's want to go and see them, I really don't want to take them. Somebody told me if they do go, you need one adult per child under 14. Dd1 has been invited with a friend (I've still got to pay), I can't believe she'll be checked - she is 13 and a half and 5'7".

Has anyone any experience of these awful concerts (sorry, they sound awful to me, I'm just old). I imagine One D's concerts are full of screaming girls, average age ten ....
doodles

Re: One Direction

Post by doodles »

A few (lot) of years ago I took my niece to see Boyzone. It wasn't that bad and in fact there were a huge number of responsible (?) Adults there.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

I took my two then primary aged daughters to see Westlife. :lol: No problems, whatsoever. Very well organised venue, security staff everywhere. I can't believe you need one adult per under 14, that's crazy. ( I loved Westlife)

Same two are going thankfully on their own to see 1D so I can guarantee there will be at least one 21 year old and one 19 year old in the audience :lol:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I'm taking DD and one of her friends (both 13) next month to see 1D at the O2. Cant't wait! :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I can't decide if it is a good thing or a bad thing but my 10yo DD doesn't even know what One direction is. Apparently some people at school talk about them but she is clueless.

It's not like she never hears music either. We always have the radio on in the car and it's on in the kitchen.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Tinkers, lucky you. Both my dds love 1D, have favourite boys (easily young enough to be my sons) there, watch them on you tube, twitter, fb, anywhere they can.

Thanks to everyone else for reassurance that my 13 year old will be ok. Nobody will check she's 14, surely ... she has no id apart from a passport.

I wouldn't mind seeing them .... the tunes I know are quite catchy, but not prepared to travel to 02 to see them. It's too far! And too expensive as if I took both dd's, ds1 would want to come, and myself ... no.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

No, you don't need one adult per child, one per group is fine :-) And no, my kids have never been checkedd, whether with dh or not - my 14 year old has been to a lot of gigs alone/with other teenagers since her birthday last year. In fact she went to one locally with dh before Christmas, and got asked its she had over 18 id so she could have a wristband for the bar - yikes!
zorro

Post by zorro »

We went to see 1D at the O2 3 weeks ago - they were brilliant and my DD loved it. The average age of girls was about 16 I'd say.
My DD has been going to concerts since she was 7 and loves it. We have seen Westlife about 7 times, S Club 7, Steps, Justin Bieber etc etc.
We saw Olly Murs last week and he was great too.
It's very well organised but very noisy - your ears will be ringing for hours afterwards!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Seems like the panic may be over as the girls can't find tickets that they can afford. We've left it too late!

Doubtless they'll keep on looking but I am only prepared to drive to Birmingham so chances are very limited.
zorro

Post by zorro »

We went 3 weeks ago and we bought our tickets Feb 2012!
If you can get tickets now they will be extortionate prices!
I thought you already had the tickets.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now