New Free School or Grammar School in Kent.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pumpkin Pie

New Free School or Grammar School in Kent.

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 7494,d.d2k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which gets your vote?
jellybeans

Re: New Free School or Grammar School in Kent.

Post by jellybeans »

Does anyone know which two Grammar schools are supposedly supporting the annexe? Even if the Grammar goes ahead it still won't ease the pressures on the SS's in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells as many will still opt for these well established schools.
Redrobyn

Post by Redrobyn »

Grammar followed by grammar, then grammar then grammar. There is the demand now and preceding years and a quick look at the figures shows that is WILL get worse, so its grammar all the way.
"She sets herself very low standards, which sadly, she constantly fails to meet"
"He has an eclectic collection of information at his disposal" ....i.e. He cheats by looking at others answers.
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

jellybeans wrote:Does anyone know which two Grammar schools are supposedly supporting the annexe? Even if the Grammar goes ahead it still won't ease the pressures on the SS's in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells as many will still opt for these well established schools.
Dartford for girls is doing the girls.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Gosh - how do you know that?
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

mystery wrote:Gosh - how do you know that?
Cannot say but its from the "horses" mouth. Judd were too stuck-upish to help and Toggs said they have opened up spaces already. Twiggs very much a village school. Skinners refused.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I don't know whether more non-selective places were needed in Sevenoaks District - I thought the commissioning plan projected a shortfall over the next few years and that's why the council made the resolution it did last Easter re both non-selective places and grammar places in the area .... but maybe I read it incorrectly.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sorry I meant to put that on the other thread where you said that grammar was needed more than non-selective in Sevenoaks town.

Why weren't Weald of Kent (girls) and Tunbridge Wells Grammar for Boys interested? Are they interested now that someone else has said they would do it?

It's hard to see how Judd or Skinners or TOGS could have had an annex with a different admissions policy from the main site. And what about Maidstone Grammars - they're closer than Dartford aren't they?
Essex2Kent

Post by Essex2Kent »

I don't have details on Weald. TEC believed they were too large already. Dart ford approached KCC and its a done deal.

Sevenoaks needs two schools. Knowledge and a grammar. The church school is needed but for me I'd put it in hildenborough or somewhere. Not in Sevenoaks.

It will be an interesting debate. It's clear grammar will get the wilderness site as its already controlled by KCC and gore can't take it. I'm not sure the Riverhead office complex is fair on the kids but I am sure they will make a go of it.

JS
mystery

Post by mystery »

TEC? You mean TWGSB?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now