Can I get my DS's score ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Angie76

Can I get my DS's score ?

Post by Angie76 »

Hi everyone

My DS has gained a place at Caistor Grammar School from OOC (19 miles away) after getting what the school call "an impressive score".
My DS also took the tests at QEHSG. We were sent his scores for the tests taken at QE Gainsborough but my son has asked several times about his score for Caistor. I wondered if I am within my rights to contact the school to ask for this ? Has anyone else ever obtained scores from Caistor for their DC's?

Thanks

Angie76 :D
ourmaminhavana

Re: Can I get my DS's score ?

Post by ourmaminhavana »

No, they don't hand them out and quite rightly in my opinion. :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

From a purely legal point of view, I think you're entitled to this information.

See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b47" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi thanks for getting back to me but have to say that personally think that my DS is entitled to know his score after all he sat the tests. Funny how QEHSG sent him his score so how can it not be right to send out his score for tests taken at Caistor.

Angie76
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi Etienne

Thanks for that info I may just request it as in my DS's eyes he likes to know percentages apposed to just being told he got an impressive score.
I have explained that he may not be able to find out but as he says he sat the test and for any other tests they do at this age they get told their score.

Regards
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Angie - this is the first year QE have automatically sent out scores, although they did in previous years provide them on request. Saying that, I don't think Caistor can withhold scores, if you make a request quoting data protection, the latter is based on info I have from the CA body I am a member of.
Angie76

Post by Angie76 »

Hi Stocky

Thanks for that I think I may request if my DS mentions it again. It seems that many schools give out scores or at least when you look on the forums based in the Southern Regions on here. Kids work in numbers lol not fancy wording as to how well they have done I guess.
Doesn't really matter as he managed to secure a place but he is very curious (nosey) by nature :-)

Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Hi Angie - I have a friend in Essex and their admissions are totally different i.e. score based, so they are given out so their DC's know their 'ranking' which also affects their position on waiting lists, so the southern counties probably aren't the best to compare. Saying that, I'm glad QE sent out scores this year, as I would have requested DS's anyway. My DS wouldn't have given a monkies what he got, as long as he passed, I'm just an admittedly curious mum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now