Tech Help

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Tech Help

Post by doodles »

Is it possible to print documents from an ipad to a "normal" i.e non-mac (?) printer?

I know that there is an app you can download for pictures but can't see anything relating to documents.

p.s. Simple language please :lol: :lol:
Tinkers

Re: Tech Help

Post by Tinkers »

I've got a wireless HP printer and can print from my ipad. The app for that is free. Don't know if other printers have the same facility.

Haven't found anything I couldn't print out yet.

Edited- I've just checked and I can print PDF and word docs, emails, web pages as well as photos.

Hth
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

I use the print and share app (downloaded from app store but can't remember how much). Works fine for printing pdfs to our HP wireless printer from my ipad.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I have an HP printer, it does air printing. This means when you print from your iPad it automatically recognises there's an air printer in the vacinity and prints to it. No apps, no special connections, nothing :)
doodles

Post by doodles »

There seems to be a bit of a common theme of an HP printer developing here, we have a wireless Kodak AIO here.

Thanks for the help.
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

doodles wrote:There seems to be a bit of a common theme of an HP printer developing here, we have a wireless Kodak AIO here.

Thanks for the help.
The Print and Share App is quite promisuous - it just looks for any available wireless printer. It just so happens we have a HP printer. I must say I do like the sound of Snowdrops set up though!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I recently bought the HP printer after having my beloved Epson for many, many years. I was quite sure I'd purchase another Epson, but after taking the advice of the sales adviser (I mentioned about wanting to specifically print from an iPad) we went with his recommendation.

It's wireless so all the desktops, laptops and iPads connect to it. As a bonus, daughter's iPhone can also air print to it, but we haven't told her that yet, we'd have no ink left from all the photos she'd print off :lol: Also, DH's laptop from work, which we are not allowed to load anything onto it is able to connect to it as it has an email facility, meaning he emails the printer and it prints it off without us doing anything. This also would apply to anyone around the world to whom you gave the printer's email address.

All that for £90, I am sooooo impressed with it :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

How much are the replacement cartridges? I was horrified to find that sometimes it's cheaper to buy a new printer :shock:
scary mum
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Dunno, i haven't bought any yet. But a figure of £25 seems to ring a bell.

I too squirm at the cost of inks, and i'm quite happy to know that this printer allows you to replace the colours separately, so although a complete set may cost £25, each individual colour wouldn't. Of course, once it's out of warranty you no longer have to purchase the maker's ink, it then works out even cheaper again (as long as the cheap cartridges work and they don't spill all over your internal workings :shock: ).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now