school.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mummy12

school.

Post by Mummy12 »

Last edited by Mummy12 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halemum

Re: Withington Girls' School

Post by Halemum »

I know of a few girls who go there. Can you be a bit more specific? I can then go and ask their mums.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Don't forget to check out their website:

http://www.withington.manchester.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lots of information on the website including a 'virtual tour'.

BTW it has an excellent reputation! :wink:
Mummy12

Post by Mummy12 »

Thank you Halemum and Pumpkin pie,
I just want an insiders view, experience of the teaching and if their dd feels comfortable within the school.
My dd is going to start in September, I know what you must think "Isn't it a bit late to ask now" but I accepted on the basis of their reputation. I just want to make sure that she will be happy.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I know of several acquaintances who have or have had children there and someone who teaches there also.

I haven't heard anything bad- only good.

I think the academic standard is very high, but they select on the basis on ability so I don't think that should be an issue for you.I'm sure she'll be very happy.
Mummy12

Post by Mummy12 »

Thanks Tiddlymum.
Last edited by Mummy12 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Mummy12

I have been finding things to worry about since birth and 14 years on there are no less worries only different worries 8) 8) .
Mummy12

Post by Mummy12 »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:Mummy12

I have been finding things to worry about since birth and 14 years on there are no less worries only different worries 8) 8) .
:D
Mummy12

Post by Mummy12 »

Last edited by Mummy12 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bns

Post by bns »

I did ask that question on the "parents interview" I think Mrs Marks said about 45min -60min per school nights for yr7's so much the same as other indies/grammars
although they often have projects to complete over W/E
but I think it increases significantly there after!
but I am sure you understand one is so stressed about trying to impress that in the end it all becomes a bit of a blurr, personally I have very little recollection of that interview :oops:
but it is nothing compared to the "spanish inquisition" regarding obtaining a bursery :shock:
I'm surprised they did not ask me what my bra size was and then go and check in my wardrobe , very, very obtrusive, not nice at all!!! and still wating for that "home visit" to check I've not got gold taps or a bidet, which I do have for some strange reason ,I have no idea what it's for but it certainly adds an element of class to the establishment ( I WILL DEFINITALY HAVE TO HIDE THAT) :roll:God forbid that they think I am living beyoud my means :lol: