safe area to live in Gloucester

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hiislo

safe area to live in Gloucester

Post by hiislo »

Looking for safe area to live in Gloucester that is also easy to get to STR. Any idea anyone? Thanks.
dr.watson

Re: safe area to live in Gloucester

Post by dr.watson »

Longlevens?
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

Longlevens, Elmbridge, Barnwood or Hucclecote are all good aeas and close. Churchdown also fairly close, but you would need to cross busy roundabout in the mornings to get back to STR.
Good luck!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Couldn't agree more with cup of tea.. Even the furthest of those parts can be ridden in not much more than 20 minutes..
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I live in Hucclecote and love where I live- neighbours are all lovely, good primary schools,safe, on bus route to Gloucester and Cheltenham and easy to get to motorway etc.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Most areas of Gloucester are safe. As much as most areas of any city are safe! And getting to StR from any part is easy!
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

Safe areas are directly proportional to the house prices. I have a list of top 30 streets in Gloucester. If you're interested, I can post it. Also bottom 30 is available. Ones to avoid?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Dr Watson, I must say that this is not always true, there is one quite new estate in particular that has some of the highest prices of any estate in Gloucester yet you can ask any local where not to buy and it would be there.. Police there everyday, drug issues, the almost new primary is also known as not being very good.
dr.watson

Post by dr.watson »

Hi, if possible could you please give some examples?
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

One of my friends is a senior police officer. He was saying that it is always the case that people think of multi ethnic areas as being ' unsafe' and rural areas as being safe and hat it wasn't at all true. We live in a low income area, never been burgled and no problems. When we lived in Montpellier in Chelt, burgled twice, lots of fights, and a stabbing......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now