Good deal on new iPad

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
StJamesDad

Good deal on new iPad

Post by StJamesDad »

DW was going to go to John Lewis today to get an iPad, but a 10% off Waitrose card came in the post yesterday so she got it in there.
Would have been v annoying if the card had come today while she was out buying it :shock:

Do not usually see offers on iPads so I thought 10% off with a 2 year warranty seemed pretty good.

Friend told me you can have a free coffee every day with the card too.
They diddled me on an easter egg offer recently so I shall be enjoying those coffees :D
Revenge is a dish best served cold (or hot in a cup in this case) :lol:
fatbananas

Re: Good deal on new iPad

Post by fatbananas »

You can buy ipads in your Waitrose?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

It's a 'Waitrose Home' store. Basically half Waitrose, half John Lewis.
They sell T.V.'s, lighting, home electricals, toys etc. Not as big a range as John Lewis but very handy and saves a long drive for us if they have it.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I'd never heard of Waitrose Home but they sound brilliant! I'm constantly frustrated that I can't use MyWaitrose card in John Lewis, more so now I hear about that ipad deal!!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

It's been here over 10 years since we moved to the area so we just call it Waitrose and I assumed they were everywhere.

DW had some John Lewis voucher things that she was going to use, but that would have meant spending £20 on petrol and hours travelling/shopping, so the Waitrose card coming yesterday was very fortuitous (thats my posh word of the day done :lol:) as the saving was nearly what she had in vouchers, which she can still spend when we next go to John Lewis.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Jammy so and so :lol: :lol:

I love iPads. Never thought I'd say that, but I'm a true convert since buying DH one for Christmas. So much so I had to get one for myself too. I like co-ordinating our calendars best, although DD is getting a little fed up of all the invites I keep sending her of her dental etc appointments and birthdays - she's threatened to throw it in the bin :shock:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You don't need to go to John Lewis to use the tokens. You can order online and pick up from your local Waitrose.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Thanks Snowdrops, it was nice that something worked out lol
I am tempted by the mini now as the playbook I have is less than useless but I prefer the size.

I did think of using the voucher things online as our kettle blew up on Wed and JL have a really nice looking Bosche one (thats a lot cheaper in JL than Argos bizarrely) but they are shopping vouchers that have to be used in a store. Lots of stores, not just JL, but not Waitrose apparently.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It fits very nicely into my handbag :D

Get one, you know you want one :wink:
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

OK, you are right Snowdrops, it's true, I have wanted one for a long time :P
I cannot resist any longer and am going to go to Osprey now :lol:
Just don't tell DW! 8)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now