Wolverhampton girls high offers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mummybear1

Wolverhampton girls high offers

Post by Mummybear1 »

WGHS are offering places up to rankings in the 270s. Is this the same as previous years ?
peter5

Re: Wolverhampton girls high offers

Post by peter5 »

WGHS: last year's final allocation position was 146.
I got that from the result thread on the bottom of page 8 on this forum .

The numbers would have gone up as WGHS was part of a consortium this year .Below explains it a bit,it was posted in a thread by VZA last year .
KE CH - Boys: PAN 93, APPLICANTS 1205, RANK OF LAST OFFER 145 (56 % over PAN)
KE Aston - Boys: PAN 104, APPLICANTS 1429, RANK OF LAST OFFER 414 (298 % over PAN)
KE Five Ways: PAN 150, APPLICANTS 1854, RANK OF LAST OFFER 362 (141 % over PAN)
KE Bishop Vesey : PAN 124, APPLICANTS 1142, RANK OF LAST OFFER 389 (212% over PAN)
Queen Mary's - Boys: PAN 96, APPLICANTS 844, RANK OF LAST OFFER 201 (109% over PAN)
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

I'm a bit confused at what ranking they are using. Initially the ranking they sent parents assuming was the combined ranking of all applicants that sat the exam. Then will the ranking not change according to how many applicants made a preference to that particular school on their lea form?
peter5

Post by peter5 »

I don't think they would change the rankings ,the rankings should remain the same despite parental preference .
The person Ranked #10 on Wolverhampton might also be ranked on several other schools,that person can only go to one school .Repeat that a hundred times and the last ranked to enter will go up .
Jedi

Post by Jedi »

is it possible to ring the school and find out the ranking of the last allocated place?
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

Does anyone have anymore information on the latest offers for WGHS? Rankings in the 270s is a lot different to last year, although I would imagine that the extra 24 places at Newport Girls High this year may have played a part. Grateful for any info :)
Montypanpan

Post by Montypanpan »

I have a theory on why girls ranked much lower this year, compared to previous years, have been offered a place at WGHS. If you knew that your child was low ranked (in comparison with previous years) you may not have put it as first choice on you CAF, because of needing to put other schools that are over subscribed. If you felt that the ranking meant that it was unlikely that she would have got a place, you may have put other schools down. This is the first year that Wolverhampton have disclosed the rankings before the CAF cut off date & I think that this has had a big impact on The outcome.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now