Waiting lists and ranking

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
looby

Waiting lists and ranking

Post by looby »

I have been told my daughter's position on waiting list for ColGHS. Will we not get a rank this year and does waiting list position equate to rank being 112 + waiting list position? Also how many places are generally offered to waiting list prior to term starting in September??
Minesatea

Re: Waiting lists and ranking

Post by Minesatea »

The LEA's never provide a ranking position for any school. The rank in previous years was produced by the CSSE and issued with the 11 plus exam results. The rank was all children in score order that had applied for a particular school, it did not however take into account school preferences. The CSSE was unable to provide a rank this year as at the point of issue of the results you had not applied for a school, (they could I guess have ranked the whole cohort but this was unlikely to be helpful)

No, 112+ waiting list position is not equivalent to the old rank for a couple of reasons. The 112 places offered will not necessarily have gone to children ranked 1 - 112 as some of these children will have had a different school as their first choice and will have qualified for that. In previous years, with a ranking, ColCHS offered down to around 150 on the 1st March. Secondly some children will have decided that they are actually happy with their offered school or are going to a private school and will not remain on the waiting list.
Roxymom

Post by Roxymom »

Hi my daughter got into westcliff . Was on waiting list on 6 th place .i am very happy for her .thank youT
moved

Post by moved »

Hi Roxy,

Congratulations!

Could you please add her score to the collated cut offs sticky, so that those still waiting can see how far the list has got.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 26#p374926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;