Gloucestershire Grammars - anyone else here

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sabanna

Gloucestershire Grammars - anyone else here

Post by Sabanna »

Well I've e-mailed the appeal form and had acknowledgement so now it's a matter of gathering any more evidence and waiting for the dreaded appeal day?

Just wondered if anyone else in here was appealing for any of the Gloucestershire Grammars as reading other posts it looks like most appeals are for other areas.
Tinnyknickers

Re: Gloucestershire Grammars - anyone else here

Post by Tinnyknickers »

Hi Sabanna
We registered our appeal last week and have had confirmation of receipt. I am now starting to prepare for the day itself although we don't have a date yet. We are appealing for a place at Pate's. there is little information on here about Glos schools but have found general advice very helpful.

It doesn't stop me being terrified at the prospect though but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Our daughter does not know we have appealed and we are not expecting to succeed but we feel we must try.
Sabanna

Post by Sabanna »

Hi Tinny

Was beginning to think I was all alone here :)

We are also appealing for Pates, but our daughter does know as she has asked us to do it. I already have one DD there, but know that counts for nothing.

Waiting for a date too, but using the time to prepare for it although I don't think we will be successful, but if you don't try.......

Guess we should really go into it with a bit more of a positive slant, but knowing it's a super selective and how few do manage to win at appeal does make you feel like that.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Hi I'm appealing for Crypt for my son ... there are 60 appealing for Crypt eek... still a long way to go until the first week of June.
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

Hi Sabanna, we also have a girl in year 10 and knowing what a great school it is ( and not just academically) is making us try harder. I don't know how many appeals are being held but they admitted three over the PAN last year and the year beforevo there is always hope! Best of luck!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

DC17C wrote:Hi I'm appealing for Crypt for my son ... there are 60 appealing for Crypt eek... still a long way to go until the first week of June.
Wow... I don't know how many appeals there are usually but that seems loads.. I wonder how many appeals there are usually for all the grammars?...
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Wow... I don't know how many appeals there are usually but that seems loads.. I wonder how many appeals there are usually for all the grammars?...
I think there were similar number for Crypt and Ribston last year - but I think neither were up to PAN at this stage..... a bit different this year.
NancyB

Post by NancyB »

I think that Ribston was at PAN last year when the appeals started and only 7 or 8 appeals were allowed. The previous year they were nowhere near PAN and loads got in on appeal.
Tinnyknickers

Post by Tinnyknickers »

Ooh, appeal confirmed for Friday 17th. Nerves are kicking in already.
agmgacgg

Post by agmgacgg »

Hi
New to forum - appealing for Stroud High - 13 appealing this year - emailed the school for previous 5 years appeal outcomes to compare and they usually accept 8 or 9 appeals.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now