Shirley to Bartley green

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Priya01

Shirley to Bartley green

Post by Priya01 »

Hi

Anyone travelling from Shirley/Hall green to FW? Are there any public buses or green bus is a better option? I would love to hear any information regarding transport as I am new to Bham . Thanks
nervousmom

Re: Shirley to Bartley green

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, my DS will be getting the green bus from Wythall to FW. I didn't look into public transport as I wasn't keen on that idea I.e not knowing who would be on the bus with them.

Trains not an option, as line through Shirley goes to bham moor street, so would mean walking through bham to either get to bham new street for another train, which may not even go close to the school, or getting a bus in bham to FW.

We have therefore booked the green bus FW5 bus. There are 2 green buses that go round the Shirley/Solihull area. If you check their website you will see which bus stops where.

To me this seems by far the safer option.

Hope this helps.
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Thx a million for your detailed reply, nervousmom. I hope the children survive 2 hr bus journeys everyday. Thx once again
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I think they will find it very tiring to start with but hopefully they will get used to it!

My DS is only one from his school going to FW so he is worried he won't make new friends! I have assured him everyone else is in the same position and he will make new friends!
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Hello nervousmom
My DS is also the only one from his school to get into FW and he is also in the same situation as urs. Lets hope they will make good friends to make things easy.Are you planning to visit school on the 7th?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi priya.

We will be visiting FW on 7th may with DS. Hoping it will ease his worries a little meeting prospective class mates!

Will you be going along?
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

Hello nervousmom

We will be there for the same reason. He's been waiting to see his school and we have never had the opportunity to visit FW. bye
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Priya01 wrote:Hello nervousmom

We will be there for the same reason. He's been waiting to see his school and we have never had the opportunity to visit FW. bye
:shock: Pardon me for "interloping", but seriously, have you (or your DS??) not actually visited the school he will be at for the next five or seven years?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi, that's brave not visiting the school before!

My DS visited twice , we also visited King Edwards Stratford(my favourite ) and Alcester Grammer.

My DS loved FW and I have to say I was very impressed with it as well.

My DS is in the lucky position that he also have 4 cousins at the school and he will be getting the bus with them, which eases my worries a little.

I will now reply to your PM too!
Priya01

Post by Priya01 »

I agree that v have never visited the school,cudnt make it on the open day and they were closed for maintenance after that. But drove around the place couple of times,have seen rest of the KE schools.Pity didnt make it to the one he will b going to .I have friends kids there who vouch for the school. We r there on Tuesday and I know for sure hes going to like it. ...We are definitely +ve. Cheers
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now