Mock test this summer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MMMum

Mock test this summer

Post by MMMum »

My son's school has said there will be a mock test this summer for those taking the
Kent test in September. Does anyone know whether this is an official thing from
KCC or is it likely to be something the school put together themselves? I'm interested to know how close to the real thing it is likely to be....
jaymum

Re: Mock test this summer

Post by jaymum »

Hi MMMum

I don't know about the summer, but I do know that my ds had a practice test at school about 3 or 4 days before the actual 11+ at the beginning of September. I was led to believe this was from KCC but I can't be certain. The results were reassuring and seemed to be in the region of what he got in the actual test afterwards.

Hope this helps.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Don't know what your son has been told, but usually a week or so before the real thing Kent primary schools sit them down to do the old GL Assessment practice papers. It's not generally marked and no feedback given (unless you school is unusual) so it's just to get them used to sitting down in the right place for the right amount of time and answering papers in that format.

What does he mean by "the summer"?
MMMum

Post by MMMum »

I was under the impression that the mock test was given before they break up for the summer holidays and it was partly to help judge whether they were up to doing the real thing...Given that the real test is 11th and 12th Sept, if they were going to do it a week before, that would be right at the very start of the school year and wouldn't leave much time to make a considered decision about entering the real test or not, would it? I guess I need to go back to the school and ask.....
mystery

Post by mystery »

Some schoold do cat tests in year 5 and give you their opinion from those results about the 11plus. It can be very wrong. Just keep calm and carry on. Kent schools can't help you

You have to register between 3 June and 1 July.
MMMum

Post by MMMum »

School (regular Kent primary) has just said they are doing 'practice Kent Test' across 2 days in June, so we shall see what happens with that...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now