Late entry to JH

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anca

Late entry to JH

Post by Anca »

Hi, did anyone got a letter today? The letters were posted yesterday, so I hoped it will come today... but it didn't. And, because it's Bank Holiday, it will take us now to Tuesday with the waiting. Is there any other way to find out the outcome? I don't even know how they make decision about places for those who passed the late entry exam to JH. Does anybody know?
Sally-Anne

Re: Late entry to JH

Post by Sally-Anne »

You can view the Allocation Profile here: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... 052012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It doesn't tell you very much apart from the fact that 11 boys were offered places.
I don't even know how they make decision about places for those who passed the late entry exam to JH. Does anybody know?
In accordance with their published Admissions Policy http://web.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk/parents/Si ... 202013.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In reality, all 11 places are very likely to have gone to boys living in catchment.
Anca

Post by Anca »

Sally-Anne, do you think that I should worry about the fact that the letter didn't arrive today?

I don't know how many boys passed the exam and of course how many live closer than we. It's so hard to wait now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anca wrote:Sally-Anne, do you think that I should worry about the fact that the letter didn't arrive today?
No, I'm afraid this is quite a common occurrence - letters posted on a Friday first class not arriving until after the weekend. I would like to think that the school posted all the letters on time, so the fault probably lies with the Royal Mail.

I hope the wait doesn't spoil your weekend too much. :(

If you don't receive the letter on Tuesday, call the school. They may give you the information over the phone, or they may insist on sending you a new letter. They might also be willing to tell you where he is on the waiting list if he didn't get a place. Although most 12+ places are taken up, there are occasionally people who decide aginst disrupting the child's education, or children who just decide they don't want to move school after all.
Anca

Post by Anca »

Thank you Sally-Anne, we will keep our hopes and wait. 11 places that's quite a lot, so lets hope.
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Hi Anca have you received your letter?
Anca

Post by Anca »

Yes!!!!!! We got the letter yesterday and it's good news! He got the place! I still can't stop smiling!!! We are so pleased!!! :D
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Congratulations :)