Where is everyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

essex mum

Where is everyone?

Post by essex mum »

Where has everyone gone since the results came out? The essex forum has gone really quiet.
Essex Girl

Where is everyone

Post by Essex Girl »

Hi Essex Mum,

People are probably either so elated they haven't thought about coming back yet or so miserable that they haven't yet decided what to say.

Anyway, doubtless someone will be back soon.

Post by Guest »

Yes, I am sure everyone is celebrating or enxiously awaiting the CSSE letter telling them how close they came so that they can appeal. My daughter got into CCHSG so we are really happy, but I feel for those parents whose children were not successful - it is a cruel system really - if they don't perform on the day, they don't get the school they want.
do the right thing??

what...............when............where

Post by do the right thing?? »

i'm new to this so you'll have to excuse me. I have of course been reading up on all your thoughts though. Sadly my daughter didn't pass 11+ so my options are private ££££ or local secondary!!!! we do not yet know my daughters position in the exam, however, if close i've read all about the appeals process or go onto a waiting list. Anyone know how the waiting list works or do you go on it by association of your appeal. would appreciate anyone's thoughts and some guidance on what i'm looking for as a mark that may be worthing appealing for. many thanks in advance.
do the right thing??

what...............when............where

Post by do the right thing?? »

i'm new to this so you'll have to excuse me. I have of course been reading up on all your thoughts though. Sadly my daughter didn't pass 11+ so my options are private ££££ or local secondary!!!! we do not yet know my daughters position in the exam, however, if close i've read all about the appeals process or go onto a waiting list. Anyone know how the waiting list works or do you go on it by association of your appeal. would appreciate anyone's thoughts and some guidance on what i'm looking for as a mark that may be worthing appealing for. many thanks in advance.
Essex Girl

Response to "Do the right thing"

Post by Essex Girl »

Do you feel able to say which selective/s you were/are looking to gain a place at. Does it/they have a catchment area and if so do you live in it. Obviously, nobody is going to be able to tell who you are but the answers to these questions would help when advising.
do the right thing

essex girl reply

Post by do the right thing »

many thanks for your time. was trying for colchester and am out of catchment. have option of ipswich££ even more out of catchment. any words of wisdom gratefully received.
sooetie

Post by sooetie »

I'm still here. - sorry i haven't been back on - My son took the news really well and it was the ex's birthday friday so we were out for a meal. Took his mind off it a bit. I hope others that didn't get the news they wanted are getting through it ok - Best wishes to you all - sue
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now