Boarding test paper reading boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
peme

Boarding test paper reading boys

Post by peme »

Hi Everyone

I am very confused :? . I heard that the test for a boarding place at Reading Boys is not the same as the test for the day places, that the boarding test is not multichoice. But does that mean that they get the same questions but not possible answers to choose from OR that they are given totally different questions? I do not want to put my son up for a test that requires lots of writing as he finds the physical act of writing a nightmare (not the thinking bit just the writing!), it would be awful for him.

Thanks loads :)
stevew61

Re: Boarding test paper reading boys

Post by stevew61 »

Admission Arrangements for Year 7 Boarders in 2014 / 2015

Entrance Tests
The entrance tests will be taken at Reading School on Friday 4th October 2013. There will be three tests each of length approximately one hour.

They will cover i) Reasoning [verbal and/or non-verbal (abstract)],
ii) English,
and iii) Mathematics.

Only the reasoning test will be multiple choice. All tests will build on current good practice adopted in primary schools and the English and mathematics tests will be based on the National Curriculum. They will be tests for which no additional preparation is necessary. No past papers are available and no further information with respect to the tests will be given. Allowance will be made for a pupil’s age.
http://www.reading-school.co.uk/55/policies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
peme

Re: Boarding test paper reading boys

Post by peme »

Thanks so much, I think that decides that for us! Disaster averted! :)