Bucks Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sana15

Bucks Appeal

Post by sana15 »

Hi Moderators

As I have 20 school days to return appeal forms, can I send one before the other?
Also where can I gather data showing how much students there are in each year for both schools. Thank you
Etienne

Re: Bucks Appeal

Post by Etienne »

sana15 wrote:As I have 20 school days to return appeal forms, can I send one before the other?
Yes - the two submissions are quite separate.
Also where can I gather data showing how much students there are in each year for both schools. Thank you
If I recall, you requested up-to-date information from one of the schools before, and were refused.

They have no right to refuse reasonable requests for information you want to help you prepare for an appeal.

I suggest you write to them (it needs to be by letter or email) with a request quoting Freedom of Information. You can adapt the wording here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you just ask for September numbers, they might reply "We don't yet know", so you must be very clear about what you want.
If this is a late transfer, you could try asking for:
    • 1. the number of pupils in the current year 7, and
      2. the currently expected number for year 8 this September (taking into account any pupils who are already known to be leaving or joining).
You could in the same letter remind them of their obligations under the Code (pointing out that you tried asking for this information informally on the phone and were refused):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might be useful, though, to know not only the total number, but how many pupils in each form.

(Bear in mind that numbers could change as a result of successful appeals.)
Etienne
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Thanks Etienne

What SATs level at the end of year 7 should a student be?
Should I include latest school report?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Are you appealing solely against oversubscription?
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

In a Bucks GS most Y7s will be low level 6 English, level 6 Maths and low level 6 Science by the end of the year; this is 'proper' level 6 not that in the KS2 tests!
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Yes solely for oversubscription. I ask as I was thinking of sending dd last spring term report. Can I please send a copy to appeal box for you to see if it can help my appeal?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

If it's for oversubscription, then ability is not an issue.

Aptitude for something specific might be relevant, depending on what the school's strengths are.

On what grounds are you intending to appeal?

See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... -school#c2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Jpk

Post by Jpk »

sana15 wrote:Yes solely for oversubscription. I ask as I was thinking of sending dd last spring term report. Can I please send a copy to appeal box for you to see if it can help my appeal?
hi - do you mind me asking which school i only ask as my first appeal isnt for another couple of weeks, and am worried that any oversubscription appeal will run into the summer
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Hi Etienne

Information sent to appeal box.
Is there a need to send the report?
Should I write the appeal grounds in the same format on the appeals form and send?
As I can gather supporting evidence and send it later?
Is it true the earlier you have your appeal the more chance of a place as places are limited?
sana15

Post by sana15 »

Hi jpk

I'm appealing for a late transfer place.