12+ Information please?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jjredowls

12+ Information please?

Post by jjredowls »

Hi.
Does anyone know any details of the format of taking the 12+ exam for Gainsborough Grammar? The school have said that the test isn't based on VR and NVR but on English and Maths. They were very cagey about giving information on this. Can I get practice papers anywhere or purchase relevant resources?
Thanks.
Alex

Re: 12+ Information please?

Post by Alex »

There is no standard form of testing for 12+ in Lincolnshire Grammars with each schools using its own means of testing - some use NfER testing very similar to the 11+; some use CATS or similar and others curriculum based tests. I am sorry I don't have any information about the QEHS Gainsborough tests. Perhaps someone else may do?
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Hi JJredowls - a friend's DD sat the 12+ for QEHS last Julyish and I am sure she did 3 papers, a maths, NVR and VR but I will ring her tomorrow, also one of my DD's teacher's DD sat it too at a different time, so I'll find out and post tomorrow. I guess the problem you would have is that there are 185 going into year 8 in September, but I guess you could argue at appeal if 5 classes can squeeze an extra one in, then the 6th class can too :wink:
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Spoke to my friend today and she said the test was one multi choice boooklet made up of VR and NVR and some extra maths bits which don't come in VR.