Loreto

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
smiler10

Loreto

Post by smiler10 »

Just wondered whether any non-Catholics were considering putting their DD's in for the Loreto exam? They don't seem to release any figures about how many non- Catholics get in. It is really close to where we live and it has a very good reputation, so would love DD to go there. On the other hand I don't want her to sit the exam if she doesn't stand a chance of getting in. Does anyone know of any non-Catholics getting in there?
Halemum

Re: Loreto

Post by Halemum »

I don't know of any non-Catholics gaining a place there for this year. They are now an Academy and can set their own entrance criteria. There is a list of criteria published somewhere on this site (I don't know where or I'd copy it). It goes from 1 to 8 think. For example, you would fit into Category 1 if you had a sister at the school and were Catholic. Category 8 was girls of no religion. Don't quote me on this, it's just an example, but we fit into the last category. This subject sticks in my throat. :twisted:

Someone else will come along and offer more help.
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

I do actually know of one DD non catholic getting in this year ? but she has a sibling at the school ?
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

A few non catholic girls usually get a place each year but it is just a handful. I think they would fall into a category of christened into a faith but not Catholic. Hope this helps. I would sit for the exam if you are interested in the school but have realistic expectations about if you would get a place allocated.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Is that the same for St Ambrose as well?
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake »

It is the same for St Ambrose, I don't think any non catholics were offered places this year
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now