Nonsuch VR - Which Types?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Amoda

Nonsuch VR - Which Types?

Post by Amoda »

Would really appreciate guidance from anyone 'in the know' on the type of VR paper used for the Nonsuch test. I have looked at previous posts and checked their website but could not find the answer.

Is it based on the GL assessment questions (i.e. the 21 types)? I'm just trying to ascertain whether we also need to go through the extra 14 types in the Susan Daughtrey techniques book which has 35 types altogether.

Thanks!
tiffinboys

Re: Nonsuch VR - Which Types?

Post by tiffinboys »

No DC with experience with Nonsuch tests as yet :wink: , so take my view with a pinch of caution.

NS tests are widely believed to be GL based. However, familiarity with other types is quite useful (without spending too much time on those types). Practice with all types in the early stage of preparation helps children in thinking out of box.

Susan Daughtry (Bright sparks series), Walsh, Bond & GL test papers and Tutors 15min tests (Level 3 and to some extent, Level 4 for quick revision) would be useful in preparation for VR tests.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Thanks tiffinboys.

It's a difficult one to judge as I do not want to overload my DD but equally, I don't want her to be caught out if they decide to throw in some other types during the test. Will probably cover the 35 types and take it at a leisurely pace with a focus on the 21.

Thanks again.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I had forgotten to mention about IPS Practice papers, which is best done before SD (BS series).

Also see the expert DIY advise from Patricia about VR.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =3&t=30178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
supermummy

Post by supermummy »

DD took the test last year. From recollection it was GL 21 types multi choice. Paper was not in timed sections. Lots is made of the 21/35 types but it all makes sense when they are learning just to get their speed/ skill up and then you can focus on the GL types in the run up to the exam.

Good luck anway.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Thanks tiffinboys and supermummy!

This is the 2nd time around for me (DS now in Yr 9 at Wally Boys) but the first time for the girls schools so still feeling my way through.

Thanks again!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now