Visit to primary school by Kendrick teacher

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Visit to primary school by Kendrick teacher

Post by Tinkers »

DD was taken out of class today along with the other girls who are going to Kendrick to have a chat with a Kendrick teacher who had come to visit them. DD didn't know in advance.
She talked to them about school dinners, homework, timetable, uniform and stuff (and DD claims to have forgotten most of it :lol: )

So if you have DDs that are going to Kendrick in September, they may get a visit at school if they haven't already.
panacea

Re: Visit to primary school by Kendrick teacher

Post by panacea »

Wow, that's nice! I'm not sure if there will be any visit to my dd's primary as she is the only one to have secured a place.. waiting anxiously for the induction day on 24th. Hopefully it will help dd see Kendrick in a more positive light :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I should imagine most girls are possibly the only one from their primary to go to Kendrick, so I can't see why they wouldn't go to other schools just because there is only one.
Maybe DDs school is one of the first to be visited as there is 4 of them and its not too far?

Any other schools been visited?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Not yet, it would have to be next week as DD off on a residential the week after. There are 2 from her school and it's very close to Kendrick.
Pendu

Post by Pendu »

School visits? How interesting. You would of thought they would of mentioned the possibility of a school visit in their letter. We've not had one yet, but again my DD is the only one from her school and like yours RM has her residential the week after.

My DD can't wait for the Open Morning and I the Parents Evening! It's all becoming very real...... :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DD has told me today that one of the other girls in her dance class has also had a school visit, so it is not just DD's school. No idea which school or whether they are the only girl or not.

Not sure whether the school knew she was coming or not, but certainly DD didn't know until she was called out of class.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I think it's quite a common thing, certainly locally to me every school does it..
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

It's not something Kendrick have done before though, to my knowledge. Must be a Ms K initiative :-)

Love the feeling of anticipation :-) Hard to believe it was 5 years ago when it was me waiting excitedly to hear all about it! Dd1 has her 6th form induction day at Kendrick in a couple of weeks and is looking forward to meeting the new girls she's been buddied with :-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now