Eleven plus , best revision books for Wirral

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ljc7

Eleven plus , best revision books for Wirral

Post by ljc7 »

Hi,

We live in Cheshire where the schools dont help at all to prepare for Wirral 11+ so we have to go it alone. DS is coming towards the end of year 5 now. We've been practising verbal reasoning papers since Xmas and he's now doing really well. The main focus now is on checking his understanding of some words and speeding up mental arithmetic.

I've read about different styles of papers being better for some regions than others. We started with Bond just for getting to learn how to do most question types and have also done quite a few IPS. We're now doing some of the Tutors that I've downloaded.

This may sound dim, but what is NEFR and GL? Are there different books again that we can get to try? Which books are the best for the Wirral question types. He did do some Athley Educational although marked 11 and 12+ they did seem quite hard.

I'd be really grateful for any pointers towards the best papers to be practising with. He has now just started on the Bright Sparks ones but are there others?

Many thanks in advance for any advice,

Lucy
scary mum

Re: Eleven plus , best revision books for Wirral

Post by scary mum »

Have you looked here?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ol-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now