Wimbledon 2013

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Wimbledon 2013

Post by doodles »

I am a very happy bunny and it will be wall to wall TV or radio chez Doodles for the next couple of weeks.

However, had to turn the Sharapova (?) match over as I can't stand the grunting/shrieking, I find it very very annoying.

Anybody else tuning in?
piemom

Re: Wimbledon 2013

Post by piemom »

2 best weeks of the year! What about Steve Darcis then? Amazing!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ooh, yes, I'm with you. The children will be going hungry or learning to cook :). I can't watch Sharapova or any of the other screamers! I had tickets for next week and now can't go :cry:
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:I am a very happy bunny and it will be wall to wall TV or radio chez Doodles for the next couple of weeks.

However, had to turn the Sharapova (?) match over as I can't stand the grunting/shrieking, I find it very very annoying.

Anybody else tuning in?
No.

Let no one say this isn't a balanced forum :wink:
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

And to tip the balance back again :) DS and I have tickets for Centre Court on Saturday. I am beyond excited (although DS is very disappointed that Rafa is out already).
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Yep, love it (oop's very unbalanced thread now), used to live around there so it brings back happy memories too.

I just reduce or mute the volume if the grunts become annoying :D
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

DW and DD there today, wandering around in the sunshine! I am lucky in that my work allows me to have to radio on and website up, at least.

The grunts don't bother me over-much but I'm afraid I can't get excited about another Serena Williams triumph.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Rob Clark wrote:DW and DD there today, wandering around in the sunshine!
At the prices they charge, I would want to be doing more than wandering around, sunshine or no sunshine.

Let's hope the attendance officer at DD's school has better things to do than log onto this sad old site, eh Rob? :wink:
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

:D I meant wandering from court to court rather than having seats on a show court. Ground passes are only £20, which I don't think's bad when the tennis starts at 11.30am and can go on until after 9pm, it's just that you have to be in the queue before 7am to get them!

:lol: It's her 15th birthday tomorrow and she said all she wanted was some nice weather and a day at Wimbledon, so we thought post-GCSEs, what the heck…
Amber

Post by Amber »

You're really selling this to me now Rob. I get up at the crack of dawn, pay to park my car; then I queue for 3 hours, I part with actual cash, and I get to wander round a hot concreted area with green bits behind it while other people sit and watch tennis. Hmm, I might just forgo my day of writing and taking DD to an open day tomorrow to join the fun. :D

The road to h ell is paved with good intentions. :lol: And if that attendance officer is logged on here, the birthday information will have it sealed for you. The EWOs are a bit quiet at this time of year I gather...