Colchester County High School for Girls - Induction Day 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bravado

Colchester County High School for Girls - Induction Day 2013

Post by bravado »

Are we all biting our nails, wondering how they're doing, or are we all pretty chilled about our girls being in "big school"? :D

I know she'll be fine but I'm still a little anxious :roll:
laluna

Re: Colchester County High School for Girls - Induction Day

Post by laluna »

Hope your DD, and all the others, had a good day. I haven't had a chance to chat to my daughter as she was picked up by a friend and taken on to a club - just a brief smile and thumbs up from the car while dropping her bits off. The induction book looks comprehensive.

We took the bus this morning which will be her usual method of transport. Got to the end of Norman Way and off she went, giggling with friends, never looking back.
hongkong

Post by hongkong »

I was nervous.daughter came home sooo happy.she can't wait to start.made some friends and found out a girl just down our road is going too.
bravado

Post by bravado »

Laluna and hongkong - I'm glad to hear that it was a "thumbs-up" :D

DD2 loved it and has now fully digested the handbook, as she wants to be a model pupil - bless her :lol: She has decreed that when she talks about "my school", she is no longer referring to her primary, as she now looks on ColCHS as her school :wink: :D So I don't need to worry, as she's already transitioned and made some new friends :D I'm so relieved and can't wait until September.
thepackhorse

Post by thepackhorse »

My daughter really enjoyed the induction day. Went off on the bus, met some year 7 girls who took her under their wing. Also found that there were two newbies going on the same bus which means she will have some girls to chat with and sit with. She has got contact numbers for quite a few girls which is great.
Anyone thinking of trying to meet up over the Summer hol to just have a 'get' together?
We went to the Summer Fair on Sun and Mr Turner asked DD to send an e-mail to him with comments from the induction day - what she liked, what she didn't etc - to help with next years induction day. DD felt a bit of a 'swot' doing the e-mail, not wanting to be teachers pet, but we encouraged her by saying that Mr Turner had asked her to do it...so if she didn't it might appear a bit rude which possibly wouldn't be a good start!
DD has also made the transition in her mind to CCHS, and seems very happy to start in Sept...that is until we start getting the homework!
Anyone got uniform sorted out yet?
laluna

Post by laluna »

I popped into Coes about 6 weeks ago when I was up in Ipswich. They advised that they have quite alot of uniform in stock and that the shop gets really busy in August. I am aiming to sort it before the end of this term as we are away for 3 weeks in August.