Oversubscription appeal success in Bucks.....

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jpk

Oversubscription appeal success in Bucks.....

Post by Jpk »

Just a quick note to let folks know that we have been successful in our oversubscription appeal for Bucks....cannot quite believe it just yet....but I have it in writing!

Thank you to all of those who have responded to my rambling questions over many months. There were so many nuggets of great information which helped us over the line - I'm very grateful

My observation is that Panel members really are independent and take their role extremely seriously. Having been put through the mill with what can only be described as maladministration by the LA, the Panel members really did take the time to listen to a complex case and took real care to ensure that we had our say, restoring my faith in what is a flawed process

To Etienne and Sally Anne - what can I say.....other than Thank You both for your support and guidance

To anyone wondering if it is worthwhile continuing with an appeal, my very strong advice would be to keep going even if it seems all is lost. There were many occasions over recent months when I had almost given up, but this forum (plus a feeling that an injustice had occurred) kept us going. With a fair panel, listening reasonably to your case - including the human elements of it - I would definitely say it was worth it all.....

To those who have been unsuccessful, I would like to wish you all the best and thank you for any answers which you may have posted to my questions. I truly believe your child will do extremely well at school with your support....

Thanks again - I'm not sure there is a smilie for "Humbled by the support from strangers" but if there was one, I would put it here......
U400JB9

Re: Oversubscription appeal success in Bucks.....

Post by U400JB9 »

Congratulations, you must be delighted, all of you.
Its sounds like Bucks has been a nightmare this year, so well done for persevering.
:D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Brilliant news - well done!
tobyprice

Post by tobyprice »

fantastic news JPK well done and join the club! When the news has settled in, it would be good to hear what reasons they gave. We haven't received our formal letter yet, but they told us at the appeal that our appeal had been upheld, relating to the application of the policy/process, so I'm pretty comfortable.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now