Reading 2013 starters - 2nd hand uniform shop

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

aliportico

Reading 2013 starters - 2nd hand uniform shop

Post by aliportico »

The shop is well stocked - probably can't get the new suit or new rugby shirt there yet, but there's loads of other stuff available (even calculators, as I found out a few days after I'd replaced one!) - shorts, jumpers, lab coats, trainers (some almost new), other PE kit. They get stock from donations and from unlabelled lost property.

It's open on the first Friday and Saturday back at school after a holiday/half term. So as they're back this week, it's open this Friday 2.30-3.45 pm and Saturday 9.30-11 am. (I'll be there Saturday ;-) )

Go into the small walled car park to the right of the school, head for the massive grundon bin in the far left corner, and the little building the shop is in is just behind that.

Hope this is useful to someone :-)
Reading Mum

Re: Reading 2013 starters - 2nd hand uniform shop

Post by Reading Mum »

Is there a Kendrick equivalent?
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

No, sadly - would be a good thing for someone to start I keep thinking.

There is some secondhand stuff available on the new parents evening in July (?) - I got most of my dd's PE stuff then, but no further opportunity.
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

In fact there were a couple of new jackets and new trousers there, and some new rugby shirts :)

Lots of navy jumpers (which imo look nicer with the grey suit than a grey jumper). Plenty of shirts, white t-shirts, white shorts and blue shorts. Couple of lab coats.

Loads of rugby/football boots! I picked up a pair of white trainers for my ds whilst I was there, plus another pair of trunks :)

Last year it was open during the spring fair, which is Saturday 11th May - don't know if it is this year. The next definite dates will be after half term, in June - Friday 7th pm and Saturday 8th am. They only sell stuff in decent condition, so it's well worth having a look there before you head off to Jacksons or Hawkinsport :)
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

aliportico wrote:
Last year it was open during the spring fair, which is Saturday 11th May - don't know if it is this year.:)

THE UNIFORM SHOP WILL BE OPEN DURING THE SPRING FAYRE ON SATURDAY 11TH MAY .
We currently have a good selection of jumpers, rugby shirts, calculators and many other items of uniform and sports kit at very reasonable prices. The Uniform Shop is located in the corner of the walled car park, behind the blue compactor.

This has just been confirmed in the Head's message to parents...

The Fayre is also a fun event :D
reading2012

Post by reading2012 »

Hi there,

Can anyone confirm that jackson's is closed? If yes then what is the alternative for getting uniform for reading boys school?

My son starts year 7 this September.

Many thanks.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

John Lewis is the alternative, but I believe Jackson's is closing at end of July.
Give them a call to confirm. :)
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I think it is going to carry on till November. Stevensons is looking to open a store in town and potentially take on Jackson's remaining stock
reading2012

Post by reading2012 »

Thank you Reading Mum and Bewildered for your prompt responses.
Much appreciated!

Reading2012
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now