Anyone travelling from Lichfield to Bishop Vesey

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nicolajane1971

Anyone travelling from Lichfield to Bishop Vesey

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Just on an off chance do we have any Y7 September starters that will be traveling from Lichfield City Station to Sutton Coldfield for Bishop Vesey? Would be great for my DS to have a 'friend' that he can travel with. Not that I'm fretting or anything....... (much!).
Optimist

Re: Anyone travelling from Lichfield to Bishop Vesey

Post by Optimist »

I will PM you later. All things being equal, if my son attains a place at BV, he will take two trains, one to Lichfield (I prefer this to New Street), and then from Lichfield to Sutton Station.
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Thanks Optimist, is your DS still on the wait list? I hadn't made it clear he is a September starter.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

nicolajane1971 wrote:Thanks Optimist, is your DS still on the wait list? I hadn't made it clear he is a September starter.
Sorry nicolajane1971. I had a thick moment. My DS is doing the exam in Sept, and should hopefully (if he passes) start in 2Sept 014).
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

My daft DS managed to find a friend who apparently lives around the corner but failed to get the important info like his name and phone number, he's such a numpty!
sasa

Post by sasa »

You could try e-mailing the school asking that your details are passed to anyone else living close to you so that you can liaise about travel arrangements.

We did this last year before DD1 started CHG, and they were happy to help.

We were able to make contact with several other local families, and it made sure she got the bus at the same stop as another girl...... they're best buddies now :D

It's CHG open evening tonight and I'm taking DD2 round - she's keen to follow her sister (fingers crossed).
nicolajane1971

Post by nicolajane1971 »

Thanks sasa, we'll give that a go. My DD is going into Y5 this September so about to go through the whole stressful, vile, horrid process again. It's taken me this long to recover from DS!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now