"Failure" - After 11+, the Alternatives...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Fat pigeon

"Failure" - After 11+, the Alternatives...

Post by Fat pigeon »

Hi, I know many of us cannot even contemplate the F word, but to pre-empt the classic 11+ failure label on innocent children, we must be proactive :(

The reality is that we are more likely to be in the 3600 who do not scrape through, due to 1001 good reasons, than the lucky 120!

So, is there life after the 11+ for the 95% hard working unlucky majority?

Well, let me do what I can to help, before emotions reduce me to a wreck on results day :wink:

In the LB Newham, there is the fantastic London Academy of Excellence in Stratford. It has tutors from amongst the top fee-paying schools in England e.g. Eton & Brighton, along with Forest & City of London etc. It has high level contacts with top professionals in their fields, who have the wisdom & foresight to ensuring that the talented poor of benighted East London, do not go astray & contribute to wider society. This country will need all hands on deck in order to survive against the likes of India & China.

The top 5% of children will be assisted to realise their full potential e.g. Pushing towards fast track Oxbridge scholarships for the most able & deserving candidates. The catchment area will be Lbn & the surrounding boroughs.

Recently, a friend's ds was given the option to go to ICHS or LAe, I recommended the latter, due to a combination of relevant factors.

So, to recap, all is not lost, there are alternatives :D . Good luck, especially to the guys caring & sharing on the forum!
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
ToadMum

Re: "Failure" - After 11+, the Alternatives...

Post by ToadMum »

The LAE looks like just a sixth form school / college, or am I missing something? So need to find somewhere else to fill in time in years 7 - 11 :)

It certainly hypes itself up - it will be interesting to see what this year's AS results are like.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Well, I am just feeling very philosophical about the whole thing right now, maybe it is the heat 8) :lol:
If ds gets in, then that is great, but if he doesn't then the other schools in Redbridge are excellent.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Looking at the Ilford Recorder & seeing the A level results, I was as pleased as punch, vicariously celebrating along with the parents of these hard working children.

Cllr Alan Weinberg, the cabinet member for children’s services, said he expects another record result this year.

He said: “I think we will get another excellent set of results. Our schools are good, the pupils are good and the aspiration of the parents is up there. We are a high achieving borough and parents move here to improve their children’s education.”

For the past two years, Redbridge has had the most students go to university than anywhere else in the country.

http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/ne ... _1_2335525" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seven kings school has pretty good figures i.e. in the same ball park as the GS :D !
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...