Carshare or person who is driving to Tolworth Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mase

Carshare or person who is driving to Tolworth Girls

Post by Mase »

Hi there

My DD has just started Tolworth Girls and therefore I was looking for someone in the Heston Area who was willing to either car share to Tolworth Girls OR if they were driving taking their own DD to the Kingston Surbiton area to any of the schools there (TGS, TS, Kingston Grammar, The Hollyfield, Coombe Girls etc etc) then I am happy to pay towards cost of fuel etc.

Another alternative is if anyones child is travelling from the Heston area on public transport, if there child would be willing to travel together with my DD (safety in numbers and all that) on the bus either route 111 or 281.

My DD has just started year 8 and will happily accompany a Yr7 or Yr8 or Yr9.

If anyone is out there, please private message me and I will discuss logistics and details further.

Thanks in advance

Mase
Last edited by Mase on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Re: Carshare or person who is driving to Tolworth Girls

Post by tiffinboys »

I hope you find good response to your search. But I would struggle to think that many children would be coming to Tolworth Girls, a comprehensive, from as far as Heston / Osterley area.
Mase

Post by Mase »

tiffinboys wrote:I hope you find good response to your search. But I would struggle to think that many children would be coming to Tolworth Girls, a comprehensive, from as far as Heston / Osterley area.
Thank you tiffinboys for your response. I agree whole heatedly with you that not many children travel from Heston/Osterley area to as far as Tolworth Girls, however with the growing number of children who are applying for and are getting into the likes of Tiffin Girls, Tiffin Boys, Kingston Grammar, Surbiton High etc etc, I was hoping that there maybe a parent who is either planning on driving there DC for the first year therefore I would either carshare the journey or pay toward fuel costs. The first day I travelled the bus journey with her to build her confidence, we did not see a kid from tolworth girls get on the bus from even half way.

It is a long shot but if I don't ask I'll never know. I am looking too hire a driver who will do the honours for a fee. Who knows what the future holds but I do not give up hope.

If anyone is out there then please private message me.

Many Thanks

Mase
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

There may be children coming from nearby areas to Tiffin or TGS. So perhaps if you come to these schools in the morning and speak to mini-coach drivers or some parents (many come in 7 seaters, suggesting car pools), perhaps your DD could find commute up to Kingston. But then you would still need to travel to Tolworth and that too before School starts.

Alternative is to find a local school, if possible. Really hope that you are able to find a good solution.
Mase

Post by Mase »

Your suggestion is a good one, however it is one that I have already exhausted with the few parents whom I have managed to grab a quick word with whilst dropping my DD to school. I am in discussion with a reliable trusted person to drive her daily.

The more I spend time on this, the least I worry about it. However if someone steps forward to carshare or allow their kid to bus ride share
then I am still keeping my options open.

Just so that it is clear, we are looking to finalise and solidify the method of commute for September.

Until then.... :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

All the best, Mase.
Mase

Post by Mase »

tiffinboys wrote:All the best, Mase.
Thank you tiffinboys and you too.

Good Luck to one and all in the new academic year. I sincerely hope your DC's enjoy their new and exciting paths to learning.

May they be blessed with the confidence, desire, hunger and will to learn, achieve and aspire to learn more.

Mase
Mase

Post by Mase »

Just a heads up

we're still looking for a car share or bus share person if any newbies who have made it into the kingston/surrey schools area from Heston'ish area.

PM me please

Many Thanks

Mase
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now