FOUND IT! Spreadsheet of 2012 KS2 SATs results inc % level 6

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mamonaku

FOUND IT! Spreadsheet of 2012 KS2 SATs results inc % level 6

Post by Mamonaku »

I have been searching and searching for a spreadsheet that someone on the forum linked to (might be a google doc) showing the percentage of pupils who scored level 4, 5, and 6 in KS2 SATS. I can't remember if it was just for the London Boroughs or all LEAs.

Unfortunately I lost my bookmarks and haven't been able to find the spreadsheet I'm looking for on the forum.

Can anyone help me find the thread?!

EDIT:

I've found the spreadsheet I was looking for, with regional stats on KS2 SATS, including level 6, for 2011-2012. Click on "Local authority tables: SFR33/2012" if you are curious about stats. My memory was correct about Richmond's level 6 results for maths being high!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... 11-to-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Mamonaku on Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Re: Spreadsheet of 2012 KS2 SATs results inc % level 6

Post by mystery »

http://www.education.gov.uk/schools/per ... 86_ks2.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This will give you the data for Kent because the DfE number for Kent is 886. If you find the right number for your authority you can find the relevant pdf for your authority.

I found this by chance when googling one day and put it somehwere on 11plus exams (like you I can't find it again).

I don't know how one would find it from the DfE main site by a "normal" route.

The other thing that has appeared on the web since then is the ofsted school data dashboard. If you google this you will come to search engine where you can put in a school name and see where the KS2 test results for 2012 place your school in terms of "similar schools" and "all schools".
Mamonaku

Post by Mamonaku »

Thanks for the link - interesting stats.

I followed your instructions and found my LEA code here:
http://www.alltheschools.com/lea.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am still trying to find the other spreadsheet - managed to find detailed LEA info on GCSE results by subject - but not the one with the percentage level 6 results for last year.
I remember noticing that some areas had over 10% of children achieving a level 6 in maths (hello Richmond!) but a far lower percentage of children scored a level 6 in English last year.

Just wanted to compare with my DC's school's level 6 results this year, out of curiosity.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Try the Key Stage 2 statistical first release.

The problem is that it was up to schools which children to enter for level 6. So it's not really something that can result in reliable school by school statistics as it was not compulsory to enter children for the level 6 papers.

Has your school told you its level 6 results?
Mamonaku

Post by Mamonaku »

We were given the SATs results yesterday including level 6 results :D

The national computer crashed so we didn't get individual printouts of the results - the teacher just gave them based on the raw scores they were given last week and the thresholds that were released yesterday.

I agree that schools make some interesting choices when deciding who can / can't take level 6 papers, particularly with English.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Do you have whole school results for level 6? Apparently nationally last year it was a very low percentage level 6 ( 0% (rounded) and 3% or 6% - but I can't remember which way round - in maths and reading)
Mamonaku

Re: FOUND IT! Spreadsheet of 2012 KS2 SATs results inc % lev

Post by Mamonaku »

I've found the spreadsheet I was looking for, with regional stats on KS2 SATS, including level 6, for 2011-2012. Click on "Local authority tables: SFR33/2012" if you are curious about stats. My memory was correct about Richmond's level 6 results for maths being high!

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/national-curriculum-assessments-at-key-stage-2-in-england-academic-year-2011-to-2012

(Edited the top of the thread with this info)
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh it tells me page not found. Disappointing.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Try the link in the first post.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Link corrected and now works ok.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now