Multiple choice Cloze books

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mystery

Multiple choice Cloze books

Post by mystery »

Please could you list any multiple choice Cloze books that you know of that are of a good standard for 11 plus preparation. Multiple choice only please. Title, publisher etc please. Thanks.
gameon

Re: Multiple choice Cloze books

Post by gameon »

Hi Mystery

There is one available from this website bookshop

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... rch&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I haven't bought them yet, so I can't really comment on it.

Our kind DIY mum mentioned Close in on Language by George Moore. Again, I haven't got a copy, so I can't really comment on it.

There are some tools allows you to create your own cloze passages. I tried but it is hard to know if the level is correct?

Oh, yes, CGP CEM test packs have some examples, but not enough.

Gameon.
um

Post by um »

The George Moore cloze book mentioned has a passage, with all the words (20 of them!) in a list beside it. So it isn't exactly 'multiple-choice' in the true sense of the word, as there's just too much choice!
I have yet to find any commercial book offering it - possibly because they're fiendishly difficult to create at the right level :roll:
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Sorry, I'm sure I'm being thick, but what does "all the words mentioned" mean? All the words mentioned where? Do you mean you have to work out which slot each word goes?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
pinkpanther

Post by pinkpanther »

A list of words is given on the paper and the child chooses the correct word from the list to fill in the blanks. Hope this helps. There are some tests where no list is given and the child has to use their own words
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I was being thick! Thank you, Pink Panther.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
mystery

Post by mystery »

If Kent goes CEM it will the first option - a list of words from which you choose the correct one.
gameon

Post by gameon »

Same here in Bucks. I have read it some where that the list could have 5-10 answers. We will have a better idea after 2013 Sep exams.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Have you had the example materials yet?
gameon

Post by gameon »

If you mean the sample materials from Bucks? No, I haven't as my child is in year 4. I was hoping someone from this forum might give us some insight of what's on the sample paper.