Good luck yr 6's!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

countrymum

Good luck yr 6's!!

Post by countrymum »

Just wanted to wish all the luck in the world to our precious yr 6 children moving up to a new chapter in their lives! If anyone's feeling like me I have the tissues ready for all the goodbyes coming up.

Forget results just for a little while - to have our children here safe and well is the greatest gift of all. Good luck to them and may the future be bright and prosperous for each and every one. :D Thank you so much for the support and advice on this forum - has proved invaluable x
scarlett

Re: Good luck yr 6's!!

Post by scarlett »

Yes, hope it goes well for one and all. I felt a bit choked when my ds walked into the big hall at his new school...looking sick with nerves. He has since said it's hard to start all over again as he's known his current friends since playgroup, but that's one of life's lessons. I'm looking forward to him leaving, he needs to move on and he'll be with his brother at a good school. I've still got dd at primary, so won't have the wrench of leaving school completely. I think I'll be ready to move on from the playground politics though by the time she leaves.....
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

My baby / DD2 went to her induction day on Thursday, was so nervous bless her, was brimming with it when I picked her up. Still hasn`t stopped talking about it. two of her best friends are going there too, but they`ve been split into different houses.

We don`t break up until 24th, but I will be very sad, as will she. She`s loved her time at primary, and its a lovely little school. I feel like I am leaving too.

So yes, good luck everyone, and have a fabulous summer break before you all go off on your new venture.
doodles

Post by doodles »

DS2 has been off for a week now and hasn't looked back. This week he had his induction day and came home gabbling nineteen to the dozen, but best of all...... I've got my little lad back :) He's become that cheerful little chappy again and lost what were obviously a lot of underlying nerves and anxieties.

The thought of leaving (for him and me) was obviously worse than the actual event!

I hope everybody's DC's have a great last week and that the sunshine lasts for weeks and weeks and weeks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I know how you all feel, this was me this time last year. I dreaded it and worried about how I would feel. In the end, it was a little sad, but it was time to move on. A year further on and it is very much in the past - it was a good time in our lives, but seeing DS2 thrive at senior school is lovely. You will keep in touch with your true friends, and maybe make new ones, as will your children. Enjoy the summer, because they will start to grow up once they get there.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

scary mum wrote:I know how you all feel, this was me this time last year. I dreaded it and worried about how I would feel. In the end, it was a little sad, but it was time to move on. A year further on and it is very much in the past - it was a good time in our lives, but seeing DS2 thrive at senior school is lovely. You will keep in touch with your true friends, and maybe make new ones, as will your children. Enjoy the summer, because they will start to grow up once they get there.

Oh Scary, you've put that so much better than me and given me a bit of a "moment" and it's true, the friends I see from DS1's old year group three years on are the true friends and not just playground acquaintances.
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

doodles wrote:
I hope everybody's DC's have a great last week and that the sunshine lasts for weeks and weeks and weeks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Monday is St Swithans day.....forecast is looking good 8)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Yes good luck to all, this is our second year, and will be kind of hard as its our only daughter, she is ready though, and our sons first year at school has been amazing...so we can only hope DD's will be as good.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

My DD went to the induction day excited but nervous.
She came out very excited and only a tiny bit nervous.
Her form teacher is lovely and one of her best friends is in the same class.

Her only big anxiety is catching the bus, so hopefully we can sort that over the summer.