Our Order of Preference for Bexley / Kent schools ?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vaani2003

Our Order of Preference for Bexley / Kent schools ?

Post by vaani2003 »

Hello All
Hers is the order of our preference of schools for my daughter

1) Bexley Grammar School
2) Chiselhurst and Sidcup Grammar
3) Townley Grammar
4) Dartford Grammar
5) Newstead Grammar

Guys can you please tell me otherwise and also if there is any thread or information available of stats with how many kids from each school went to say Oxford / Cambridge or other good univ's

Thanks
pheasantchick

Re: Our Order of Preference for Bexley / Kent schools ?

Post by pheasantchick »

You probably would have to look at he schools's own websites to get this info,
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

am sure they will all have a good number of kids going to Oxbridge and other good unis - comes down to whether you are in with a chance of getting in as per the assorted admission criteria and whether your DD likes the places
mystery

Post by mystery »

Ask the individual schools about Russell group uni destinations and Oxbridge. Dfe published something on this recently and showed that kent in general was in general lower than you might hope for.
Clark69

Post by Clark69 »

All of the schools keep data as to where their students progress post 18. Bear in mind though that just because a child gets a place for year 7 it isn't automatic that they will be able to stay on for A-levels. The grade boundaries required are generally at the very least 7 grade B GCSE's, including Maths and English and a foreign language. Often an added criteria of an A in a subject they wish to study at A level is also requested especially in Maths. They are selective all the way through and have no hesitation to release a child if their grades won't reflect favourably on the school. It happened to a DS of a friend of mine at Dartford Grammar so The data/feedback you get still needs interpretation. Asking how many of their own students on average manage to get the grades to stay on may be a good starting question.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Not wishing to be a wet blanket, but given that the relevant 11+ exams haven't been taken yet - you are looking at suitable non-selectives as well, I assume?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now