Freedom Pass vote here to extend to over 16s

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Villagedad

Freedom Pass vote here to extend to over 16s

Post by Villagedad »

Freedom Pass extended to over 16s: e-petition attracts over 8000 signatures of the 9000 required. Sign here:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/f ... ages-16-19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
inkypinkyponky

Re: Freedom Pass vote here to extend to over 16s

Post by inkypinkyponky »

I did 'sign' this when a friend posted a link on Facebook, as DD2 (year11) is having to stay on in education and the jump from £100 to £520 is a large one. Could possibly pay the £520 on a monthly basis, but not in one lump sum!

I'm just here now saying thanks for posting the link Villagedad- I wouldn't know how to do it! :oops:
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

inkypinkyponky wrote:I did 'sign' this when a friend posted a link on Facebook, as DD2 (year11) is having to stay on in education and the jump from £100 to £520 is a large one. Could possibly pay the £520 on a monthly basis, but not in one lump sum!

I'm just here now saying thanks for posting the link Villagedad- I wouldn't know how to do it! :oops:
Thanks ipp :D

If the government want to formalise our DCs staying on till 18 surely they should help us all out by making travel to school more manageable for families :roll:
T12ACY

Post by T12ACY »

I know both DS's school have grants available, so assumed all do, to families on low incomes to help with this jump in costs but it's not open to all. We wouldn't get help because of our level of income, not that this means we are happy about it and would rather not pay....
U400JB9

Post by U400JB9 »

I signed and posted a link on the book of face :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Done, and they are very close now!

Have shared on FB too.
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

My ds enquired about the possibility of a bursary for bus fares once her dd was no longer eligible for a freedom pass when she entered 6th form. Ds is now a single parent on a low income and cannot afford this massive hike in fares. I was certain that there must be some help out there for her but there was nothing available. :(
Villagedad

Post by Villagedad »

Over 15,000 have voted to extend discounted bus travel to 16-18 year olds, and it’s forced KCC to hold a debate on the campaign this Thursday.

To support this, the campaign team are encouraging people to email David Brazier - the key cabinet member for transport in Kent - before the meeting. You can do this by clicking on the link below:

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/kent-freedom-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
doodles

Post by doodles »

Email sent :D
mystery

Post by mystery »

Brilliant. Let's hope the vote is as positive and decisive as the one last year to spend money on a grammar school in Sevenoaks with 2,600 signatures.

Kent CC has guidelines on e-petitions now - it came out last November. It tells you what sort of issues will result in what sort of response, and how many signatures are needed for each type of issue.