2014 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mikedellfarm

2014 Entry

Post by mikedellfarm »

Husband reminded me on Saturday that the CSSE exam is 9 weeks away, please tell me who else feels sick !?
ToadMum

Re: 2014 Entry

Post by ToadMum »

Given that we have one DC who actually failed against all predictions two years ago (she tested again in June and has just completed her sixth school day at SHSG, though :D ), strangely no. Although have had words with DS2 about the desirability of having at least a couple of practice runs over the holidays...

DD has to catch up on a whole year's worth of German and DS1 has a whole load of Maths / Biology / Chemistry / Physics stuff to get through before he (hopefully :roll: ) starts yr12 in September, so he can't complain too much.

Says she... :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

I wasn't until I've just read your post and now I do!!! I can't believe it's only 9 weeks :(
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

mikedellfarm wrote:Husband reminded me on Saturday that the CSSE exam is 9 weeks away, please tell me who else feels sick !?
CCHS exam is even closer - 8 weeks :shock: :shock:

DD did a mock for the CSSE last week and totally bombed the VR - usually gets in the 60 plus out of 80; she got 54 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Starting to really panic now, worry who I am doing this for but she keeps telling me she wants to go to a grammar (and in the same breath has a meltdown that her brother has gone out to play and she has to work aaaaghhhh!)
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

Am with you on that one, so difficult to keep them focused and motivated. What will be will be and we can only try our best to guide and support (all easier said than done!) What will we be like in 9 weeks time, waiting until October for a result that might not give us a clue about whether they have a place or not! I have bulk ordered my L'Oreal hair colour !
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

mikedellfarm wrote:Am with you on that one, so difficult to keep them focused and motivated. What will be will be and we can only try our best to guide and support (all easier said than done!) What will we be like in 9 weeks time, waiting until October for a result that might not give us a clue about whether they have a place or not! I have bulk ordered my L'Oreal hair colour !
Crikey you have reminded me I have run out of henna!

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

The results come out the weekend (CSSE) and probably on the day (CCHS) of my dd's birthday :cry: :cry:

Albert Einstein
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

OMG
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Oh dear not a good day today - my dd seems to be going backwards at an alarming rate with her English :( Her vocabulary has disappeared and her spelling is atrocious and the answers she is giving for comprehension are just bewildering - she herself admits she's not sure what she was thinking when writing the answers!!!

PLEASE tell me somene else is having the same experience! English has always been her weakest subject but honestly :?

Definately ordering a bulk load of hair dye :)
mikedellfarm

Post by mikedellfarm »

It must be the day for it ! DS - who is a maths genius - did a maths paper this morning and FOR THE THIRD TIME didn't turn over ANY of the pages. There he was chuffed to bits, he'd completed the test in time and apparently even checked through it .. but never once turned the page !

Am acutally now off to colour my hair, I can't cope.