Gifts/Treats for kids if they pass

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RAB321

Gifts/Treats for kids if they pass

Post by RAB321 »

What have you decided to buy your child if they pass?
Guest55

Re: Gifts/Treats for kids if they pass

Post by Guest55 »

Don't reward success - reward the effort if you must. :D
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

I am biting my tongue and sitting on my hands.
copella

Post by copella »

We gave our Ds a hug, card and his favourite pud. Family and friends acknowledging him passing was enough of a reward for him as he was left feeling very proud.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Aaaargh. Will you love them any less if they don't pass?
Last edited by scary mum on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Bites tongue and swallows hard!

Nothing is my answer, lots of praise and congratulations, a big hug and a special tea. We went out for a pizza the Saturday after he took the tests as a sort of "phew it's all over".
Rubycat

Post by Rubycat »

My daughter and several of her friends, who sat the same test all went for a Pizza at tea time, parents sat at another table, with lots of wine just grateful it was over. I also got her a cd she had wanted, for all her hard work without grumbling too much. On the morning (well midnight) when found out she'd passed, we put a little well done banner in her bedroom so she would see it when she woke up (probably a bit OTT) then grandparents got her a card with a voucher when she passed. All rewards were for effort, not for the result.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

I am going to be treating my ds after he takes the test. A day out somewhere of his choosing with no siblings would make him happy :D
Results day, well, I am going to try not to focus too much on that :? I think I want him to see it is only a small part of his life, and if he fails to get into the school, well he can still do what he wants to do with his life. It is just a school.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Why are so many people biting tongues and sitting on hands? Guest 55 is spot on, we don't all achieve everything we want, we aren't all Olympic champions... But no one gets anywhere without effort...rewarding them for passing is imnsho completely wrong, reward for effort not acheivement.. Usually achieving something brings its own rewards anyway.. My DS & DD both got asked once the test was over what they wanted for tea.. And if there anything they felt they needed.. Dd needed a new broom handle and Ds needed new sparring shoes because he was growing out of the ones he had..
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

We'll be providing a gift as a reward for working hard...DS knows that if he works hard he'll get it regardless of the result.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now