Southend High School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Southend Mum

Southend High School for Girls

Post by Southend Mum »

The waiting is over...Finally results are here and YES our little girl has got a place at Southend High School for Girls!!

We are so excited and cant stop thinking about it, so thought it would be good to start a new thread for any other parents with girls starting at this school.

I have been glued to this site all through the last 7 months or so and have learned so much from other parents.

Would love to hear any feedback on the school and what exactly happens on the induction day, which I believe is to be Friday 6th July, 2007.
Jayne

SHSG

Post by Jayne »

Hi Southend Mum,

Congratulations to you and your daughter getting into SHSG. My daughter will be starting in September too! We are so excited!!

Do you know if the parents get invited back to the school before the girls start? I know we should be receiving an information pack soon from the school, so hopefully we should know more then.

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have a daughter that currently gets the bus to Southend High or intending to travel by bus in September? My daughter will be travelling from Rayleigh, so need to look into transport.

information pack

Post by Guest »

Has anybody received their information pack yet?I thought it would of arrived by now.

I have read on WHSG post that some people have received their pack by now.

My daughter will be getting the bus too in the morning although we dont quite know the bus route yet. We shall be looking into that.

Noticed in the echo tonight that the kitchen at Southend High is now up and running.
Anyone know what the school dinners are like?

Southend High School For Girls

Post by Guest »

Just wanted to say how impressed I was at the Parents Induction Meeting on Thursday this week, all the teachers made us feel so welcome.

Also wanted to wish everyone lots of good luck with their daughters starting in September.

My daughter is so looking forward to making new friends. What a good idea what it was so list the postcodes in the new forms, so we've jotted down some names that near quite near to us so hopefully the girls can exchange phone numbers and msn addresses on 6th July to help bond friendships.

How exciting... Best of luck everyone.

Post by Guest »

my mum went to the induction evening aswell and said it was really good and i cant wait for my sister to go to southend high in september. im also hoping to sit my 11+this year in november and fingers crossed i will be going next year.
Old hand at SGSG

General about SGSG

Post by Old hand at SGSG »

Glad you enjoyed the induction evening. Yes, the school is very good. The food is not bad at all. It has got a lot more expensive in the last couple of years though.

Good luck to your daughters.

travel

Post by 2007 »

noticed that a few of you have daughters that travel from rayleigh to shsg could you advise best bus/rail route as my year 6 daughter wants to go there but, i have now idea how she would get there.......seems to be 2 buses is this right???

Bus route to SHSG

Post by Guest »

Hi, my daugher catches the no 9 which she gets at Western Approaches, the bus goes to the main Bus Station which is just opposite Marks and Spencers down the High Street, she jumps straight onto another bus which I think is a number 4, which takes the girls to SHSG.
If you go onto some of the bus websites arriva, first, you can do a search from the postcode where you are travelling from, then put the school and it will show you the best route.

Hope this helps :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now