Practice Test 7 Sep

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ladymuck

Practice Test 7 Sep

Post by Ladymuck »

Ds1 is sitting as a OOC child, so I think he will have a practise test on 7 Sep. Other than the experience of sitting it in exam conditions do we get any information from that day?
Ladymuck

Re: Practice Test 7 Sep

Post by Ladymuck »

78 views and no answer?

Have now waded through the 2012 thread, and concluded that ds will probably get to set GL 11A for the day, which will then promptly be destroyed! Oh well, I won't waste our time doing that paper again beforehand. Hopefully he'll get a dry run at the school he will sit the real thing the following week.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

There were a couple of OOC people on here last summer - they were taking GS exams all over the country - but I haven't seen them on here since they got the results last October. There aren't that many OOC people who make their presence known.

I looked at your post because I was interested. I had no idea 7th Sept was for OOC candidates.

If you give it a while, it may be that someone will come back and answer your question. Failing that, give Kent CC a call. When I've rung them about distance, catchment areas and cut-off scores they've been extremely helpful. I'm sure they'd tell you if other info was provided.

Good Luck!
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I only posted back once I had found my answer on another thread. There may well be someone else with the same question, so having tracked down the information I thought that I'd record it on here anyway. Apparently children in the Kent schools get to sit the practice papers earlier that week.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

I see; I read your question: the 'any information from that day' bit, as whether or not you'd get results from that day, and I thought perhaps only other OOC people would know. I'd be quite interested to know that answer!
mystery

Post by mystery »

I think all that it is is a chance to sit in a room full of kids and do gl assessment practice papers.

For the kids who are sitting in their own primary schools I think some schools take it upon themselves to mark the paper but most don't, and it's a bit late to take any action so it seems a bit pointless and needlessly worrying to mark it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Even if you don't get the results I can see that the "experience" of sitting a practice test in what may be a strange place could be quite useful, finding out where the loo is etc etc. Better to get those concerns out of the way before the actual test.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Yes, experience of sitting a test in exam conditions I should think is very useful. My nephew claimed he was very put off by other children's pencils dropping ... and crying :shock:
Last edited by fatbananas on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes definitely. And if it is in the same room that you will sit in for the real thing that is good too. It will help some children feel less nervous for the real thing, and for others it will mean they get the staring round the room out of the way - I am sure my DD would spend at least 20 minutes examining a new exam room and the invigilators' clothing before making a start.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Absolutely. Ds2 sat the Sutton mock, and the look on his face when he saw a long queue of children was priceless. Made it all a little bit more real! But in that instance we also got his results v the rest of the cohort (over 1,000), which helped his confidence a bit. Agree that with just a week to go it probably won't give much info to him, but at least I can work out a parking strategy :D. OTOH it is another September Saturday taken up with exams :(. Hey ho.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now