November Test...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shinds

November Test...

Post by shinds »

Putting my daughter in for the Medway Test in November...Any advice from ex 11plusers grafefully received!
Particularly any that were not in a Medway School at the time of the test.

In South East London at the mo but moving to Rainham in the near future and have Rainham Mark at the top of our list!
SM

Post by SM »

I have one step-son in Rainham Mark now who took the Medway Test in 2005, and another one who's due to take the test this November.

What are you looking for advice about in particular?
shinds

Thanks

Post by shinds »

For your reply.

... at the time i was looking at Medway handbook and trying to find out how long the tests were and how many questions in each test. This has been answered in another posting but i'm still a bit confused on how the weightd scores in the examples given in the handbook translate into a score when doing the practice papers. It would be good to have an idea of how well my daughter is doing compared to the pass mark.

Glad its not me doing the maths test!
Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

I know how you feel , the math paper does look difficult, especially to do in 50 mins.
coping-just

Post by coping-just »

I have been told that the maths paper was so hard last year, the lowest pass mark on the maths was 38%

However, if you are scoring high on VR and Writing, then apparently anything over 55% is favourable.

Hope this helps.
:lol:
Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

Oh thanks , i was starting to give up hope . :)
coping-just

Post by coping-just »

Anne42 wrote:Oh thanks , i was starting to give up hope . :)
Dont give up yet - only 4 and a bit weeks to go until we get our lives back!!! :lol:
x 11 plus parent

Good luck

Post by x 11 plus parent »

:D To all you 11 plus parents,

Here's wishing you and your child all the best for 3 November. My advice is to get your child to practice, practice, practice papers until it becomes second nature, speed is a crucial factor.

Fingers crossed for you all!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now