% marks of papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
RAB321

% marks of papers

Post by RAB321 »

Just curious but whats the average % mark that your children are acheieving at the moment?
Rainbow Petals

Re: % marks of papers

Post by Rainbow Petals »

RAB321 wrote:Just curious but whats the average % mark that your children are acheieving at the moment?
It depends on the publisher of the paper but generally ~85% in VR and ~80% in NVR. My sister has been getting consistent grades in VR but there has been a dip in NVR with the current papers she is doing. She finds them to be rather challenging. :( I don't know if that's normal or not with those type of papers (Letts NVR).
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

My ds is getting 90 - 95% on average mashallah.
I am hoping he can keep this up for the actual test. The thing that is worrying me is that there are no VR practice papers I have found that have 90+ questions on that are at the correct level of difficulty.
Similarly with NVR, there are no practice papers with 18/19 questions per section
bravado

Post by bravado »

So sorry to butt-in from t'other Essex side :D

When we ran out of 10-minute tests, we made our own "quickies" from existing papers/tests. CSSE VR is 50 mins and 80 questions - apologies but I don't know how many questions a candidate is required to do and in what time for Redbridge. What we did, was work out how many seconds per question and then try as far as possible, to get the right number per 10 or 15 minutes. It worked very well for us. Could you do the same if your papers exceed 80 questions, ie add in some others from the same publisher, or even another set of tests, in order to make up the required number and duration?

We had to get quite inventive towards the end of our prep :D
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Athey has 100 questions and they have three different packs of papers available from the forum shop. Some of the Alpha papers are also 100 questions I think. DG
bravado

Post by bravado »

KhadijahA-R - what level of VR difficulty are you looking for, in terms of publisher etc? Are you aiming for GL and higher?
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

My dd marks have dropped of late in her strongest subject I.e. VR. But that is to be expected after our planned series of breaks.

We have dipped into NVR & are around 75% in Bond papers. That is just a baseline from where we plan to hit around 83% as a realistic regular target. Anything more is a welcome bonus. I think boys are far more stronger at that subject on average.
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

My dd is curiously hitting exactly 86% on VR for nearly every paper she takes, regardless of the publisher :lol: .
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Fat pigeon wrote:My dd is curiously hitting exactly 86% on VR for nearly every paper she takes, regardless of the publisher :lol: .
That is brilliant, well done to your dd :D She is obviously confident with the types of questions that are her strongpoints, which is an excellent strategy for the test, so many forget to work on strengths as well as weaknesses.
My ds is now doing better with NVR than VR, whereas a few weeks ago I was most worried about his NVR. The only thing that trips him up with VR now is coming across an unknown word, but I don't suppose he can possibly know ALL the words in time for the test, so am relaxing about that aspect now.
I do not know why I am up at stupid o'clock though :roll:
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

KhadijahA-R wrote:My ds is getting 90 - 95% on average mashallah.
I am hoping he can keep this up for the actual test. The thing that is worrying me is that there are no VR practice papers I have found that have 90+ questions on that are at the correct level of difficulty.
Similarly with NVR, there are no practice papers with 18/19 questions per section
That's brilliant for your son! :D

Same here! I find that frustrating about the VR and NVR papers we can buy. :/ I guess at least with VR they are close enough with usually 80 questions per paper but it's more worrying with NVR. I just try and give my sister less time on each paper.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now