Exam materials

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Oshosh

Exam materials

Post by Oshosh »

Hello,

Just a doubt. Could i ask if any blank paper and coloured pencils would be allowed in the exam hall for working

And i also heard a rumour that you can actually bring in tracing paper as working paper. Is that true? Could someone shed some light.

Thanks
jugglermum

Re: Exam materials

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

I've not heard of either being allowed in the exam room.

I suppose with tracing paper you could trace over an image and easily rotate it without faffing about with page, e.g. in NVR or maths, but I'm sure it's not allowed.

When my eldest did the exam I think they got scrap paper but if not I'd just tell them to write on the exam paper.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks for the replies. My son uses coloured pencils for certain maths questions. Just makes it more clear for him. The tracing paper- i am not so sure..... I heard that that it saves time just tracing the picture out rather than drawing it, and then trying to do the working. But i cant be certain, never used it before.

Anyway Sale has answered that workings must be done on the question paper. They do not provide blank paper, and i assume we cant bring it in either.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Since the idea of having to take pens, etc in a clear bag / pencil case is so that the invigilators can see that the candidate doesn't have anything in the cheating line with them, it doesn't seem likely that a school would allow candidates to bring their own rough paper as each sheet would have to be checked on the way in.

Leaving aside its usefulness in NVR, though, I suppose at least tracing paper would be easier to check for illicit notes - just get them to hold it up to the light :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx