Pass percentage for Bexley 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hardworkingmum

Pass percentage for Bexley 11+

Post by Hardworkingmum »

I know there's no pass mark for Bexley test but does anyone know what percentage do children have to get in each paper(correct answers) roughly? Many thanks
Dande

Re: Pass percentage for Bexley 11+

Post by Dande »

I think because it's the first year of the new test, there are no answers to this question.
Dande

Post by Dande »

Saying that, our tutor believes that if your child is consistently getting 80% + in tests at home, they should be ok.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Which tests at home?
Hardworkingmum

Post by Hardworkingmum »

mystery wrote:Which tests at home?
In the real test - thank you
Dande

Post by Dande »

GL Assessments & Letts.

They are the ones our tutor recommends - we could be totally wrong - but are going by the tutors recommendations.
2Girlsmum

Post by 2Girlsmum »

Does the tutor realise that the CEM is totally different and the pass mark is much lower? Have you looked at any of the new CEM tests and workbooks to get an idea?
Last edited by 2Girlsmum on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

2Girlsmum wrote:Does the tutor realise that the CEM is totally different and the pass mark is much lower? have you looked at any of the new CEM tests and workbooks to get an idea?
Given that the Bexley Familiarisation booklet and Practice Paper are on the Bexley website for all to see (even DS2 here in non-CEM Essex had a go one dull morning), one would hope that local tutors had had a quick squint at them, at least :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mystery

Post by mystery »

I get the impression that those cem style practice books by c g p are rather harder than the bexley practice by cem. Thing is, if you can get 80 per cent on g l assessment pack two, which would appear to contain a lot of level 5 ish maths questions, and some reportedly hard n v r, one should be well sorted for an entrance test which is designed to select the top 25 per cent or so.

In kent the raw score which passes the current gl test is around 50 per cent.

No one so far has done a c e m test in an area like kent, bucks and bexley which is not looking for superselective scores so no one rEally knows the answer. However, sOmeone has got to pass and one would like to think that a child who is getting 80 per cent on the tougher gl practice papers would be pretty certain of doing so, otherwise the new test is batty.
fred

Post by fred »

Hi
I emailed Bexley Council a while back, below is my query and their reply. It is not much but hope it helps. I also think Mystery reply is quite practical

Query:
What has the raw pass percentage been perceived to be? I realise that it can only be determined after the papers have been marked and all the scores collated, but there must have been a perceived or theoretical pass percentage envisaged during the changeover. Previously the 219 mark was used.

Reply:
We decide on a number of children to be deemed selective, according to the places available and how many children accepted offers in the previous year. The selective score is then determined by counting down that number of children from the highest score downwards. This has resulted in a selective score of 217-219 in the last 5 years (it has only once been 219 in that time). It is likely to be similar this year. In the past, children have needed to get at least 70-75% of answers correct in order to have a chance of being deemed selective, but that cannot be regarded as a definite figure.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now