Letts Non-Verbal Reasoning - Practice Test A

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rainbow Petals

Letts Non-Verbal Reasoning - Practice Test A

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Hi there :)

Does anyone know why the answer for section 4, question 8 is b?
KhadijahA-R

Re: Letts Non-Verbal Reasoning - Practice Test A

Post by KhadijahA-R »

I think, that by elimination, the number of white circles does not increase within each row, nor do they rotate around the inside of the square. So that leaves b and d. The number of black filled squares does not increase and always stays in the left hand corner, so that leaves b
I think.
But I am not an expert
:)
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

KhadijahA-R wrote:I think, that by elimination, the number of white circles does not increase within each row, nor do they rotate around the inside of the square. So that leaves b and d. The number of black filled squares does not increase and always stays in the left hand corner, so that leaves b
I think.
But I am not an expert
Ah, I think I see what you mean about the circles. I think we just follow the rule for the circles of each row. So the middle row always has two circles on the right-hand side of the box which by elimination leaves b and e. And the number of blue squares is no more than one per box if it does appear. Thank you so much! :D

I hate these type of question that appear on occasion and I am just left very confused, unable to figure out an explanation for them. :lol: I don't see why it is so difficult for some publishers to add explanations to their answers!
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Rainbow Petals wrote:
KhadijahA-R wrote:I think, that by elimination, the number of white circles does not increase within each row, nor do they rotate around the inside of the square. So that leaves b and d. The number of black filled squares does not increase and always stays in the left hand corner, so that leaves b
I think.
But I am not an expert
Ah, I think I see what you mean about the circles. I think we just follow the rule for the circles of each row. So the middle row always has two circles on the right-hand side of the box which by elimination leaves b and e. And the number of blue squares is no more than one per box if it does appear. Thank you so much! :D

I hate these type of question that appear on occasion and I am just left very confused, unable to figure out an explanation for them. :lol: I don't see why it is so difficult for some publishers to add explanations to their answers!
Yeah, sorry meant b and e are left. I see it is a blue filled square, I have the lights turned low so just thought it was black filled.
I hate it too when publishers don't include explanations. I like the lazy approach :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now