12 year old birthday ideas - please help

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moosh

12 year old birthday ideas - please help

Post by moosh »

DS will be twelve next week. Where did the time go. She has no idea of what she wants for her birthday so any ideas would be welcome. She does not want money, clothes, music, dvd's or jewellery so that rather narrows it down somewhat!!! She loves making animations and I am thinking of a Hue animation camera which looks quite good. Anyone got any experience of them and are they too babyish for a twelve year old. any other idea's welcome.
Guest55

Re: 12 year old birthday ideas - please help

Post by Guest55 »

What about a digital camera? She can take photos and use software to turn photos into a movie.
zvrk

Post by zvrk »

moosh wrote:DS will be twelve next week. Where did the time go. She has no idea of what she wants for her birthday so any ideas would be welcome. She does not want money, clothes, music, dvd's or jewellery so that rather narrows it down somewhat!!! She loves making animations and I am thinking of a Hue animation camera which looks quite good. Anyone got any experience of them and are they too babyish for a twelve year old. any other idea's welcome.
My son used Hue animation for a long time, very easy to use, with lots of features, he used to make LEGO stop motion films.

He is 12 now and doesn't use it any more, but that could be something to do with LEGO not being so cool anymore.
thankgoditsover

Post by thankgoditsover »

How about a Kindle? I got one as a 15th birthday present for my dd and she's had her nose buried in it ever since. I didn't get the one with Internet just the paper white one, it's brilliant. I linked it to our Amazon account so she can download books herself and she is given an agreed amount to spend each month. I love it as it encourages her to read.
Lea's mum

Post by Lea's mum »

There is something called HolografX that helps you making animations with Ipod etc. It is really well rated and apparently really easy to use. Check it on Amazon.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

What about an experience?

- afternoon tea in posh hotel
- theatre trip
- ticket to band

Adopt an animal at a zoo

Portrait photograph
ginx

Post by ginx »