Countdown begins, September 2nd

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KhadijahA-R

Countdown begins, September 2nd

Post by KhadijahA-R »

The date for the Redbridge 11+ has been announced: Monday 2nd September 2013, just seems all a bit real now.......eek :shock:
Rainbow Petals

Re: Countdown begins, September 2nd

Post by Rainbow Petals »

Yes! :o Gosh it's so soon! I am actually glad the tests are earlier this year, at least the waiting period has been reduced. :)
RAB321

Post by RAB321 »

Good luck to those taking the exam....I'll be in your places next year...
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

RAB321 wrote:Good luck to those taking the exam....I'll be in your places next year...
Good luck with the 11+ journey. :)
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Good luck to you all from the other Essex forum. We will be taking ours on 14th (CCHS) and 21st Sept so a bit behind you. Hope it all goes well for your dcs.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

Thanks AG, we appreciate it, & hopefully we will not be so shell-shocked, that we will be able to return the favour :lol: !
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

Araucana girl wrote:Good luck to you all from the other Essex forum. We will be taking ours on 14th (CCHS) and 21st Sept so a bit behind you. Hope it all goes well for your dcs.
Thank you, and good luck to you too. :D
Everyday I come on here to see how everyone is doing, it is truely a comfort. No-one else really understands.
Hugs to all, and to all the children who have worked especially hard this summer :D :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Good luck to you all from Kingston, Surrey.
KhadijahA-R

Post by KhadijahA-R »

tiffinboys wrote:Good luck to you all from Kingston, Surrey.
Aww, thankyou!
So nice to be thought of!
Good luck everyone, this is exciting and terrifying isn't it?
Good luck children, no matter how you do, you have worked hard, and we are so proud of you, you have shown yourselves to have commitment, dedication, and stamina xx.
Fat pigeon

Post by Fat pigeon »

What? why am I up so early, I never get up at this time on a Sunday !

I had a wonderful stress-free evening yesterday I.e. the last Saturday before the exam on Monday morning, with wise & funny close friends & family, putting things into context e.g. Worst case scenarios, how dc is doing score-wise & state of mind, preparedness for the paper & the logistics of the journey tomorrow. We had a chance to review the whole journey with all the sacrifices, balancing out with the great odds & highlights of the journey.
We ate, drank & were merry, watching our marriage video etc. & reminiscing, jokes aplenty, outdoors & indoors.

The schools in Lbr are among the best in the country by results, so that is a great relief as a back up.

This forum has been a great asset to our 11+ journey, regardless of the final outcome, as we know that we are as near our peak as humanely possible, after all we are human! Of course, not everything one planned to cover has been covered - the reality is that it is very rare that anyone can do everything, & anyway the to-do list expands to fill the space .

The practical advice, cathartic release of emotions, the wonderful posters who have gone out of their way to pick us up when I have been at wits end are acts of human kindness, that mean a lot. When fellows from outside the Essex-Redbridge share such wonderful hearts with sincerity, asking nothing in return too, it lifts the human spirit.

So a huge cyber hug & thanks to all the guys, above all the regulars, & I pray that whatever the result, your children achieve the best & are happy growing up to become balanced, successful & friendly helpful members of society.

As the film "Star wars" line goes with the rebel attack on the Death Star, we can say "Red 5 going in! "
The good guys always win in the end - Up, up & away...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now