Needing reassurance, can't wait 'til home time...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
OOCmum

Needing reassurance, can't wait 'til home time...

Post by OOCmum »

I work very close to Skinners so have just watched the year 7's (including my DS) walking up to the fields for rugby, I hung out of my office window hoping to catch a glimpse of DS and did see him... but whilst some boys where chatting, mine was on his own...now I'm worrying. I hope he's not finding it too hard and hope he's not too nervous to talk to the other boys....

Feeling anxious, do I watch again at 3.20 for them walking back to school or do I stay clear?

:(
doodles

Re: Needing reassurance, can't wait 'til home time...

Post by doodles »

Stay clear! My Ds would have been one of those boys too. I am sure your ds will be fine. My older son didn't know anybody at all 3 years ago and the school were brilliant at settling them in.
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Thanks doodles....I just want him to be happy, he's been so chilled and looking forward to it....

I will stay clear...although I am tempted to go home a little early so I can hang out with him sooner rather than later

xx
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I feel sick about my ds2 and have been quizzing ds1 as to how many friends he has...crying on a bench on his own etc. I think it's best just not to know for the moment. It's early days. I've just noticed on his squid transactions, that ds didn't have anything to eat yesterday or today..he did say everyone was pushing in but it's something he's going to have to work through by himself. It's easy to over worry but I'm telling myself that we just have to let them work things out by themselves.
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Oh this is hard, I've checked squid, he spent £2...

I hope he's OK.... and I hope he's going to be willing to talk later, I want to know everything!

S
doodles

Post by doodles »

£1.80 on a milk shake for ds2 and ds1 is going down to the bus stop to meet him. I want him home NOW!!! :lol:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Just spoken to ds1 on the phone and could hear ds2 chirping away in the background. :D Hopefully he'll make it home before he falls into a hypoglycaemic coma.

How is your Ds, OOC mum and Doodles? Any news? Just think a year ago we were doing last minute 11 plus prep. It seems a lifetime ago now.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Bit of a bus trauma tonight that resulted in a long walk home and ds1 frantically cycling around looking for him. Ds1 was more worried than I was but it was all ok in the end and I am just a little greyer!!!!!
OOCmum

Post by OOCmum »

Doodles, was it because they were late out of games?

Mine said they were late... He missed his bus so came to find me at work, hope it does happen too often!

Xx
doodles

Post by doodles »

No he just got on the first bus that said our village but it stopped in the next one and he had to walk hack. Didn't mention they were late out.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now