familarisation paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rosehulk

familarisation paper

Post by rosehulk »

Has anyone seen one of these ...do we get emailed these?
Mich895

Re: familarisation paper

Post by Mich895 »

Hi, when you registered you will have been sent a confirmation email. In this email is a link to download the paper. When I tried I just got an error message. I emailed Bexley Council and they sent me a hard copy in the post.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Please could someone be kind enough to scan one in, including the answer sheet, and get it posted on here?
fred

Post by fred »

the papers are on the Bexley web page, link below:

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=16040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if it does not work let me know, they are pdf files I can email them to you
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thank you Fred.
mystery

Post by mystery »

What do people think of them? The vocab looks tough, and in the familiarisation booklet the comprehension question would kill a few off I think - I would see a fair few plumping for answer C instead of A?
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

I think again it boils down to my comments on the kent forum. No test can be devoid of coaching as where there is a will then there will be a way. It does not totally deviate from the norm, only the English comprehension. I am sure that in a couple of months there will be more materials available. The Maths is more of word problems and reasoning. Good luck to all.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi,
What about the timings for doing the different sections? Do you think the actual test will be like this? For example, you normally get 30 seconds per question for NVR. In this paper, you had 7 minutes for 17 questions!
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi Mystery,
About the type of questions. Well, my son did go for C instead of A as you thought. He also struggled with the jury question as he didn't know the whole process of being in court. I thought that question was a bit mean for those who haven't come across the subject. How many more like these will there be!?
Last edited by salsa on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

salsa wrote:What about the timings for doing the different sections? Do you think the actual test will be like this? For example, you normally get 30 seconds per question for NVR. In this paper, you had 7 minutes for 17 questions!
CEM papers in other areas have always been designed to be tight on time, as they're looking for speed of thought, not just the ability to get the answer eventually. It's the same reasoning behind each section being separately timed, so you can't use spare time on one area to mask weaknesses in another.

So yes, expect a fast pace. You can always practice with other publishers' papers but cutting the time allowed.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now