Bexley Raw / Standarised scores for 10yr old

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vaani2003

Bexley Raw / Standarised scores for 10yr old

Post by vaani2003 »

Hello All
My daughter is 10 yrs old and she will be sitting for the Bexley this month. Can somebody please guide us or point to the information as to what should be her score (approx) to get an admit to Townley looking at the historical cut off marks

Please tell me the Standarised Scores / Raw scores for each of VR / NVR / Maths

I would really appreciate all the help

Thanks
mystery

Re: Bexley Raw / Standarised scores for 10yr old

Post by mystery »

The test is changing this year so it would be hard for anyone to answer. You will not have to get 100 per cent.
vaani2003

Post by vaani2003 »

Thanks mystery

Actually i am interested in past scores (SC and Raw) for 10yrs old, especially cut off for Townley Grammar. Would appreciate if anybody can help

cheers
Mich895

Post by Mich895 »

Hi vaani2003,

As mystery has said, the exams are very different this year. The two papers are a combination of comprehension, verbal reasoning, non verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning. So there will be no separate scores.

The only thing that seems to have remained from last year is that the maximum score will be 280, everything else will depend on the scores the children achieve when they sit the test. Last year the Top 180 score was 252 and above (so 90% plus) and the cut off for selective places was 217 but this cannot really be used as a guideline this year.

In addition, previously the Bexley 11 plus was an opt out whereas this year it has changed to an opt in and this may well alter the cut off marks.

Hope this helps and good luck.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Think the best thing you can tell your daughter is some technique for how to deal with a paper where you can't possibly answer all the questions correctly as this is what an entrance paper is like. Also, this year there is even less way than usual you can gauge from practice materials at home whether or not your child is going to pass or not.

Are you asking because you will need to know whether or not to bother putting Townley on your CAF in October? Or do Bexley schools just require you to have passed which you will know before you fill in the CAF.
vaani2003

Re: Bexley / Newstead wood Raw / Standarised scores for 10yr

Post by vaani2003 »

Thanks Mich
All i want to know if what were the Raw Scores for Bexley / NW for a 10yr old for last year. I understand that the pattern have changed this year but just want to get an idea

Any inputs are appreciated

Cheers
mystery

Post by mystery »

The school holds the data. It will be interesting to compare old and new tests but it won't give you much idea about this year, unless you have some idea how to compare your child's practice results at home with last year's raw scores and this year's test predictions. But if you know how, I would love to know the secret! Good luck to your dc in the forthcoming tests.