Hope the new Y7s are settling in :)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aliportico

Hope the new Y7s are settling in :)

Post by aliportico »

At Kendrick and Reading, and the other Berkshire grammars about which I know nothing :)

[Aside to the new Kendrick parents - my dd1 is one of the prefects for 7B *waves* She came home on Wednesday slightly grumbling she would probably never get to know much about the current y7s, but today she found out which form she's assigned to and is rather pleased about it :) ]
Tinkers

Re: Hope the new Y7s are settling in :)

Post by Tinkers »

Very nicely thank you. :D

Dd is very happy, was tired yesterday, due to the heat. Better today.

Got the art teacher's talk on pencils, brushes and even sharpeners, told to me, possibly verbatim, whilst shopping.

My quiet, shy retiring DD is putting her hand up and answering questions in class :shock: , making new friends and generally getting on with it.

Have sent you a PM.
Reading Mum

Re: Hope the new Y7s are settling in :)

Post by Reading Mum »

My DD is loving it. She is walking to school and home every day with confidence - after a bit of a hiccup trying to get through the hoards of Reading Boys on the streets outside school on their first day back :)
She really likes all the teachers bar one so far which is a pretty good sign. She hasn't tried any after school clubs yet - not having to sign up and commit to them has fazed her a bit I think. Saxophone lessons started this week too so there is a lot of tooting going on here :)