CSSE entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cetaylormade

CSSE entry

Post by cetaylormade »

Hello

Has anyone else received their CSSE entry yet? Just as the panic sets in about the Chelmsford test this Sat - CSSE post me details of the following Sat :?

Not happy to find she is in a sitting with registraion opening at 10.30 and exam will finish at 1.45 meaning she's got to do her exams over the lunch period when she's really hungry :( that just seems crazy or is it just me?
talea51

Re: CSSE entry

Post by talea51 »

Not got mine yet! That sounds like awful timing though. My dd would be starving by 1:45 and there is no way she'd be able to concentrate properly in that state.

I don't know what to suggest. I am just hoping that my dd hasn't got the same session. Sorry!
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

tale51 I think it it ridiculous - my dd can't cope waiting until 1 for her lunch so god knows what she'll be like on the day. Now feeling even more despondent as her concentration will be non existant towards the end :(
littlemissm

Post by littlemissm »

CSSE letter arrived this morning for DS. Registration is 8.30 in Southend, collection 12.00. A bit early for us, he'll have to get up earlier than normal to allow plently of time to get there etc.
On the plus side I suppose it gets it out of the way !!

Good luck everyone for CEM this Saturday and CSSE next Saturday.
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

Ours arrived too... 8.15-8.30am registration at shsg... Personally would have preferred 10.30 some of you got! X
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

We got ours this morning. Feeling truly sick now and cannot wait for it to be over. I'm resigned to the fact that DS is not likely to pass. He's desperate to sit the exam and is convinced he's going to pass. Not quite sure how I'll deal with the fallout if he doesn't score high enough.

Do the children need to memorise their candidate number?

We're almost there!
djy76

Post by djy76 »

We have had our letter too, the exam is upon us.. We are lucky with a morning sitting at CRGS..

I have asked a couple of times this week if he really wants to do it, but my DS is nothing if not determined to do it..

I am trying to look upon it as a character building experience..

Good luck to all
Hopefuldad

Post by Hopefuldad »

cetaylormade ,

they do english and maths tests, back to back and then get a break (i think about 20mins).
Your DD could take a snack in with her and have it during the break. Dont worry about timing it will work out. Fingers crossed.

I cant wait to get home and check what we have been allocated, as far as I am concerned its dragging too long want to get it over and done with.

HD

PS good luck to all for their CEM/CSSE exams
Finally

Post by Finally »

cetaylormade wrote:Hello

Has anyone else received their CSSE entry yet? Just as the panic sets in about the Chelmsford test this Sat - CSSE post me details of the following Sat :?

Not happy to find she is in a sitting with registraion opening at 10.30 and exam will finish at 1.45 meaning she's got to do her exams over the lunch period when she's really hungry :( that just seems crazy or is it just me?

Yes that is crazy. Got ours this morning and have to be at WHSG at 8:25 registration for 9 am start and pick up about 12 I think. (I have put it to one side for now as I just can't deal with that one as well at the moment!), so the times must be overlapping. It mentions stopping for a snack that they have to bring so perhaps if you are over the lunch-tine you can bring something a bit more substantial.
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Hopefuldad that's what I thought but on reading the letter it says that you can send in a sandwich in a clear plastic bag but that they will only have a 10 minute break!! So either she'll be hungry or she'll have indigestion!! Oh well we shall see :roll:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now